Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: hayabusa spring rates
b3ngy

posted on 19/2/15 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
hayabusa spring rates

I'm trying to get my suspension sorted and set up. I know spring rates can vary slight depending on application but was wonder what ball park spring rates people are using front and rear.

I removed my original springs and had the spring rates checked, fronts are 300lb and rears are 175lb and 150lb. Not sure why the rears are different? Maybe one has had a hard life.

So what spring rates are you guys using?? 300lb seems a little high for the front?

Car is mk Indy with busa engine. Road and track use.

b3ngy

posted on 27/2/15 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
Well in the end decided to go for 250lb fronts and 200lb rears. Will get the car setup next month and see how it goes.
raptor700
Contributor

Posts 241
Registered 28/2/09

Photo Archive Go!
Building: MK INDY R GSXR 1000 K5. Now sold..... Ready for th

posted on 27/2/15 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Where are you getting it set up ?
b3ngy

posted on 27/2/15 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
I have a friend who is very local and used to work in formula Ford. He now looks after historic lemans and other gt cars. He has all the kit in his workshop.
twybrow

posted on 27/2/15 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have a zx12 engine (similar weight to the Busa) and I run 225lb on the front, and 150lb on the rear (live axle). Procomp suggested I would benefit from dropping to 140lb on the rear at some point in the future. I find it is very predictable and comfortable to drive.
b3ngy

posted on 27/2/15 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
I wasn't sure what rates to go for as I didnt get any replies. Spent hours on here using the search which threw up lots of different combo's. In the end I just decided to go with spring rates that were somewhere in the middle of what others were using. I have no doubt in my mind that they may well need changing (harder or softer) but won't know for sure until its set up and I can drive it again.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.