Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car builders wiring module / scratch build wiring loom
madrallysport

posted on 25/2/15 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Car builders wiring module / scratch build wiring loom

Has any body used one of these modules

There's no reviews on there site, or is there anything else you would recommend for a scratch build loom.

UNDERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
OVERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE is how far you take the wall with you.

Dooey99

posted on 25/2/15 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
thats bloody expensive!

i scratch built my entire loom all i done was buy some cheap relays and a universal fuse box off ebay these cost me about £17 all in then i cut a sheet of alli and bolted them to it. i then spent about £60 on about 15 different colours of wires each about 10 metres long, the bought a load of 12v plug connectors and spent about a day soldering everything together, and tried to draw rough wiring diagrams as i went along to my surprise almost everything worked first time including the indicators!!!

Less weight more speed, more power more speed

If in doubt, give it a clout

adamswifty

posted on 25/2/15 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
I thought the CBS 12 unit was expensive also ... until I made my own. If I was to do it again I'd buy that unit as everything is there including busbar, what you lose in initial outlay you will likely save in time when compared to creating from scratch.
blakep82

posted on 27/2/15 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adamswifty
I thought the CBS 12 unit was expensive also ... until I made my own. If I was to do it again I'd buy that unit as everything is there including busbar, what you lose in initial outlay you will likely save in time when compared to creating from scratch.

I'm thinking the same. I've spent about a year trying to do my own now. Plus 2 years trying to find someone else to do it. I think I could have it all put together pretty quick with this, plus no time needed planning out what goes where, making all the terminal connections between fuses and relays (thats all done) don't need to work out how many fuses you need.
The cost of decent fuse boxes, relays, relay bases etc probably adds up to about £30,

I'm ordering one tonight!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Smoking Frog

posted on 27/2/15 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, that's expensive looks like the cover is extra too. Although to be fair if wiring not your strong point could be worth it.
snowy2

posted on 28/2/15 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
You could take a look at this link........

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=169470

I have seen those modules you speak of, i am not convinced they make it easier to wire a car but they are OK.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.