Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another car thread.
swanny

posted on 26/2/15 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
Another car thread.

Hello all,

I sold my mgzt 260 a year ago and have had a year of a boring car. So I'm due something a bit more interesting again.
My criteria is fairly loose but I'm out of ideas as to what I should look at next.

The 260 made a great noise and was pretty quick, having a 4.6 v8 but was also a useable alternative family car.

Can anyone suggest something that is fun to drive, engaging but might occasionally stand in as a useful second car?

Not too fussed about mpg etc. budget is about 6-7 k I'm sure the collective has an idea or two.

Paul

theduck

posted on 26/2/15 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
What kind of interesting?

DC2 integra? Best handling FWD car ever

S4?

Impreza STI? or a Legacy if an impreza is too boy racer looking.

tegwin

posted on 26/2/15 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Weirdly I have always had a hankering for a mk4 golf r32..... Apparently not as fast as you'd hope but good fun if you fiddle with them..

The quickest car by far and the most practical I have owned has to be a Leon cupra r with a remap and other fiddles (300hp or so) shame the interior was so awful

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

swanny

posted on 27/2/15 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
I had previously toyed with the idea of a cupra R, but like you thought the interior didnt feel a very special place.
excellent shout on the legacy and a4. wifey has previously refused an impreza so the legacy might be a decent way to sneak that engine into the household!

i am very attracted by the idea of the a4, especially as it would let me have another v8 as a daily driver. :-)

as ever sound advice from the locost world

tegwin

posted on 27/2/15 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
Some of the older BMW and Merc luxury saloons with V8s, V10s etc seem to be pretty cheap... I guess they cost much money to refuel but bang for buck some of them look like a giggle....

If your thinking A4.... how about a passat with a w12 ?

Edit to add... im confusing myself... the passat was available with a W8 engine... the Phaeton was available with a W12....

[Edited on 27/2/15 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

dubzter

posted on 27/2/15 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Weirdly I have always had a hankering for a mk4 golf r32..... Apparently not as fast as you'd hope but good fun if you fiddle with them..

The quickest car by far and the most practical I have owned has to be a Leon cupra r with a remap and other fiddles (300hp or so) shame the interior was so awful

I've got a Mk4 R32, had it since new, absolutely love it even though it isn't that fast standard. I've tinkered with mine a bit and fitted a low pressure VF stage 1 supercharger around 5-6 psi, blueflame cat back stainless exhaust, KW stainless coilovers and porsche 996t colour coded calipers up front. Love the noise the VR6 engine makes but I've been a VW fan all my driving life so maybe wear rose tinted specs.

Locost Builders Build Thread

brookie

posted on 27/2/15 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
bmw 130i
tegwin

posted on 27/2/15 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dubzter
quote:

I've got a Mk4 R32, had it since new, absolutely love it even though it isn't that fast standard. I've tinkered with mine a bit and fitted a low pressure VF stage 1 supercharger around 5-6 psi, blueflame cat back stainless exhaust, KW stainless coilovers and porsche 996t colour coded calipers up front. Love the noise the VR6 engine makes but I've been a VW fan all my driving life so maybe wear rose tinted specs.

Sounds like my dream car... if you told me it was deep pearl blue in 3 door id be really upset :p

dubzter

posted on 27/2/15 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dubzter
quote:

Sounds like my dream car... if you told me it was deep pearl blue in 3 door id be really upset :p

Sorry and this was my first attempt at light painting

[Edited on 27/2/15 by dubzter]

[Edited on 1/3/15 by dubzter]

tegwin

posted on 27/2/15 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Baaaa..... Cretin

dubzter

posted on 27/2/15 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, apologies for the thread jack Swanny.

Simon

posted on 28/2/15 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Well, sold my 260 about 6 or 7 years ago and much as I loved it, it wasn't overly quick but cost a fortune to run to the extent that when I replaced it with my previous Espace, I saved so much that it was essentially a free car

So I replaced that Espace with a newer one a year ago and all I can say is Long live the boring car

I have a TF for laughs now!

ATB

Simon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.