Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: More courier woes...
coozer

posted on 2/3/15 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
More courier woes...

My experience with couriers just gets worse.. And, the thing is I regular do the overnight trunks between hub and depot!!

Thought the worst of the bunch, city link had gone ( money was gods working for them tho)

Now its the turn of myHermes... After asking on here about Summit racing in the US, I went for it.

£258 for a performance cam here in blighty, from Summit £104 with £50 shipping and customs, a big saving.

Parcel made it all the way to the team valley hub, 10 miles from my house! onto the courier vehicle ( I know her) and its never been seen again!

What a bummer, asked for a refund and what to do next???

Steve,

#feelingletdown

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

bowood14

posted on 2/3/15 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
My diff turned up a month after being sent and I got a partial refund but they all seem as bad as each other. I didnt use Hermes on purpose went to city link when they were about and they subbed it out to Hermes!!
BigFaceDave

posted on 2/3/15 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
I sell on eBay and in the last 4 years I have sent approx 2000+ parcels with UPS via interparcel and I have had 1'parcel damaged but it did turn up. They ALWAYS turn up unlike city link my Hermes and yodel who have let me down every time I tried to save a little bit and go with them instead not once did they turn up.

I have never had anything go missing or had anyone say it turned up late with UPS and can't rate them highly enough.

bowood14

posted on 2/3/15 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that will use them in future

[Edited on 3/3/15 by bowood14]

K13JOB

posted on 2/3/15 at 10:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BigFaceDave
I sell on eBay and in the last 4 years I have sent approx 2000+ parcels with UPS via interparcel and I have had 1'parcel damaged but it did turn up. They ALWAYS turn up unlike city link my Hermes and yodel who have let me down every time I tried to save a little bit and go with them instead not once did they turn up.

I have never had anything go missing or had anyone say it turned up late with UPS and can't rate them highly enough.

Well I am glad someone gets on well with UPS as from my experience it is a wonder they are still in business.

joneh

posted on 2/3/15 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
UPS are expensive but you've only got to look in their vans - all kitted out with shelving, racks, drawers and straps.

Not all lobbed in the back like the others.

cliftyhanger

posted on 2/3/15 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for UPS.
Nothing but grief with Yodel, DHL and myHermes.

adithorp

posted on 2/3/15 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah currently waiting for a parcel coming via Yodel. According to their tracking... Left one depot on Fri lunch arrived back same depot Fri eve'. Left there Sat AM Arrived at another depot Sat PM. left there this lunchtime. Arrived back at same depot this eve'.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

mcerd1

posted on 3/3/15 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Alot depends on how good the delivery driver is - we have 1 woman who delivers for several companies direct and also does the my hermes stuff most of the time, she's really good and has never given me any issues, but when someone else was covering her area/route (i assume she was on holiday) it all went tits up....
And the guy that used to drive the citylink van round here was really good too which made up for alot of the issues with them

Yodel have been so bad in the last few months that we've only had one delivery on time and it was squashed (nothing breakable this time for once)

Ups have been quite reliable but the always seem to take longer for some reason (I'm guessing folk use the slower options due to the cost)

But the best service we've been getting is from DPD and fedex and TNT weren't bad either

-

coozer

posted on 3/3/15 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
EBay have refunded all the money, glad I bought it through the eBay shop.

Question is seeing as I still want the cam should I try again? Summit are keen for me to re-order..

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mcerd1

posted on 3/3/15 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
If you trust them, but not the courier then you could just ask them to use a different postage method...

-

SteveWallace

posted on 3/3/15 at 06:09 PM Reply With Quote
I was listening to a radio programme the other week and someone said that a parcel delivery arrived when he wasn't in so they decided to post it through an open downstairs window. Unfortunately, it was the downstairs toilet and he got back to find his new pair of shoes toes down in the bowl!

I guess that it just proves that we shouldn't leave the lid up.

Xtreme Kermit

posted on 3/3/15 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hermes delivered my latest package to the right number house in the wrong road last week...

Luckily the home owner dropped it round to us.

locoboy

posted on 3/3/15 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
I send out 600 parcels a month, spending over £2500 with current carrier who is UK MAIL, their service is deteriorating anf our local rep is a joke. Each and every invoice I get (fortnightly) requires a credit issuing for over charging or failed timed deliveries.

The bit that really wees me off is that they have an excess that you have to pay if you want to make a claim for damage or loss of a parcel and its bloody £55, so there goes the first £55 of your refund. The majority of my items are less than that so I just have to write it off when it happens, about 3 times a month!

I am in the process of getting other carriers in to quote me, they are all as bad as each other, the people contact and customer service when things do go wrong is where the difference is, time will tell........

ATB
Locoboy

beaver34

posted on 4/3/15 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
I send out 600 parcels a month, spending over £2500 with current carrier who is UK MAIL, their service is deteriorating anf our local rep is a joke. Each and every invoice I get (fortnightly) requires a credit issuing for over charging or failed timed deliveries.

The bit that really wees me off is that they have an excess that you have to pay if you want to make a claim for damage or loss of a parcel and its bloody £55, so there goes the first £55 of your refund. The majority of my items are less than that so I just have to write it off when it happens, about 3 times a month!

I am in the process of getting other carriers in to quote me, they are all as bad as each other, the people contact and customer service when things do go wrong is where the difference is, time will tell........

same here we use uk fail and do around 1k parcels per month same issue with loss and damage

dont claim not worth the time, have you ever been paid out?

locoboy

posted on 5/3/15 at 07:15 AM Reply With Quote
Been paid out once but only the cost value of the goods not the sale price even though they wanted copies of sales invoices.

ATB
Locoboy

beaver34

posted on 5/3/15 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoboy
Been paid out once but only the cost value of the goods not the sale price even though they wanted copies of sales invoices.

how many times have you put a claim in to get paid once?

locoboy

posted on 5/3/15 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
We don't normally bother because the itemsare less than 55 quid. I'd say about 5 claims and they wriggled out of 4 of them by quoting sections and exclusions from their terms and conditions which are wholely designed to exhonerate them from any blame regardless of how the damage or loss happened!

ATB
Locoboy

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 5/3/15 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
I once had an engine delivered by TNT, when it arrived I decided to check it over as loads of stuff had been on top of it. The driver said I wasn't allowed to check the goods and I just had to sign for them. When I told him that I was going to check the engine because it had cost ~£2k he replied with "You shouldn't have sent it by TNT then!"

I usually just send stuff by Royal Mail, costs more but haven't had anything go missing. And I can go into the post office on a Saturday but I cant find a single courier who will collect on a Saturday.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
stevebubs

posted on 5/3/15 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xtreme Kermit
Hermes delivered my latest package to the right number house in the wrong road last week...

Luckily the home owner dropped it round to us.

Have that on a regular basis from
- Royal Mail
- Hermes
- Yodel

One day, they dropped round about 6 parcels; all arrived indepedently...must have driven the poor guy nuts acting as my mailroom.

The Mrs was most annoyed as well as she'd been waiting in all day for them!

[Edited on 5/3/15 by stevebubs]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.