Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Very suprised..................
red22

posted on 27/3/15 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Very suprised..................

Got to say i'm pretty suprised no ones made mention of Ed Milibands "hell yes" bit and the starey "tough guy eyes" and the part in Get Shorty where Danny D'Vito is trying to get the look of a debt collector with John Travolta.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxmiB59K5Gw The Get Shorty one.

Sorry I would post a link to Ed but all of the clips on youtube have the video cut after the" hell yes" and mis the second of "tough guy eyes" but they where still showing it on Sky News. Maybe someone will have better luck than me.

P.S. This is not intended as a anti labour post or a pro tory post. Just thought it had some comedic value.

P.P.S. Sorry I forgot how to do embed links as well.

[Edited on 27/3/15 by red22]

steve m

posted on 27/3/15 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Who's Ed Miliband ?

its not a name I associate with England

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

coozer

posted on 27/3/15 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
You need to spell what your going about..and, exactly what your going about?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

theconrodkid

posted on 28/3/15 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
ed millipede,gurning champion,allround embaresment and star of the wrong trousers,chicken run etc,quite versatile really

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

02GF74

posted on 28/3/15 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
How did UK politics get into this state?

Your choice of vote is grommit face who you want to laugh at, smug b%#%ard face who you want to punch or the other one that you cant remember.

whitestu

posted on 28/3/15 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Your choice of vote is grommit face who you want to laugh at, smug b%#%ard face who you want to punch or the other one that you cant remember.

You are right - this is one of the most difficult elections I can remember in terms of deciding who to vote for between the two main parties. I think it could make the result very interesting

whitestu

posted on 28/3/15 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

You are right - this is one of the most difficult elections I can remember in terms of deciding who to vote for between the two main parties. I think it could make the result very interesting

scootz

posted on 28/3/15 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
2 of the weakest main protagonists that the UK has ever had.

It's Evolution Baby!

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 28/3/15 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
It's kind of depressing when you're trying to figure out which one's likely to do the least damage...

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

rusty nuts

posted on 28/3/15 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
What this country needs is a prime minister with balls, we haven't had one since Maggie love or hate her
Alfa145

posted on 28/3/15 at 10:39 PM Reply With Quote
British politics is in a pathetic state, they all just chase the vote, then spend the next X years blaming the previous party for the problems. Simple way to make them sit up and notice is not vote for any of them. If everyone did that then there would have to be changes..smiling career politicians with their soundbytes are useless idiots, give me a good honest working person with life experience in the real world any day.
David Jenkins

posted on 29/3/15 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
The best thing that happened for David Cameron was when the unions chose Ed Miliband instead of his brother David... I'm sure Cameron threw a big celebration party when that happened. David Miliband would have been a much more formidable opponent than Ed (a.k.a. Wallace).

Disclaimer: I regard all politicians (apart from a few notable exceptions) as a total and utter waste of space and breathable air, so don't take the above comment as a statement of my political allegiances!

Alfa145

posted on 29/3/15 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
Good to see the politicians are still fleecing the public: http://www.channel4.com/news/mps-expenses-46-claim-in-london-despite-owning-a-property
craig1410

posted on 30/3/15 at 01:40 AM Reply With Quote
That was a classic moment in the program wasn't it! I was pissing myself laughing when Ed tried the old "eye of the tiger" on Paxman. Oh man, I'm laughing out loud just thinking about it...

You know, it's pretty easy for me to choose who to vote for because despite being a Scot, I've always found that I agree more with Conservative values than any other party, and although I'm not rich or upper class or anything, I find I can relate more to David Cameron than any other leader. He seems like a genuine, intelligent, family-minded guy and I honestly think he is the best person to represent the UK in the next parliament. His recent statement that he has no intention to run for a third term demonstrates a rare willingness to step aside before megalomania kicks in like it did with Tony Blair. George Osborne also strikes me as a safe pair of hands as Chancellor.

Ed Miliband actually doesn't worry me anywhere near as much as Ed Balls. Compared to George Osborne, Ed Balls scares the bejesus out of me as I have absolutely no confidence he could run a bath never mind the entire UK's finances. And if you look beyond those two, there is precious little breadth or depth in the shadow cabinet.

So, what I hope the electorate can do is separate in their minds, their political IDEALS from the political NEEDS of the UK in the current economic climate and give the conservatives another 5 years to continue the growth they have begun. The very last thing we need right now is instability or upheaval. I would even welcome another term of Conservative/Liberal Democrat coalition if that was possible although it seems less likely now.

Whatever happens, for god's sake don't let Alex Salmond dictate the politics of the entire UK for the next 5 years! With oil prices way down and Russia flexing its muscles, it is a really bad time to accept SNP policies on economy or defence.

This is probably the most important election in our lifetime so think carefully.

....and that is the end of the party political broadcast by the 'wants what's best for the UK' party.

02GF74

posted on 1/4/15 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
What this country needs is a prime minister with balls, we haven't had one since Maggie love or hate her

She was heartless, ruthless and determined. Tough? Not so sure.
Kept a stiff upper lip as news came in of british troops and sailors being killed in the falklands but when her son mark was missing in africa on a rally for two days she was blubbing like a five year okd.

Want tough, take an example from stalin. Germans captured his son and offered an exchange. His response was "I will not trade a Marshal for a Lieutenant’. His son died in the camp.

Getting back on topic, anyone who goes about saying they're tough probably isn't as it would already be known.

joneh

posted on 1/4/15 at 05:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts

She was heartless, ruthless and determined. Tough? Not so sure.
Kept a stiff upper lip as news came in of british troops and sailors being killed in the falklands but when her son mark was missing in africa on a rally for two days she was blubbing like a five year okd.

Want tough, take an example from stalin. Germans captured his son and offered an exchange. His response was "I will not trade a Marshal for a Lieutenant’. His son died in the camp.

Getting back on topic, anyone who goes about saying they're tough probably isn't as it would already be known.

Don't forget she also harboured Jimmy Saville at Chequers!

craig1410

posted on 1/4/15 at 06:25 PM Reply With Quote
In my books, anyone who has had the skill and determination to rise to the top job in UK politics deserves our respect.

Doubly so for a Prime Minister who led our troops in defending against the invasion of the Falklands, a war which many said at the time could not be won!

She wasn't perfect by any means but in her prime she was a match for anyone!

whitestu

posted on 1/4/15 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Text She wasn't perfect by any means but in her prime she was a match for anyone!

Except maybe for the aforementioned Mr Saville.

craig1410

posted on 1/4/15 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Retrospect is a wonderful thing isn't it.
Theshed

posted on 1/4/15 at 07:55 PM Reply With Quote
We did not need hindsight to flinch at her support of Pinochet and her condemnation of Mandela

Vile woman

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.