Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: wasted
kj

posted on 29/3/15 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
wasted

Watching fast and furious the ferarri scene and thinking what cars have you wasted in your 7 ?

Think about it, think about it again and then do it.

coozer

posted on 29/3/15 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Had a little run in with a Fiesta 150... Bird came flying past on the A19 giving me the finger.... Got along side her, doing about 90, pointed at the gear stick, dropped it into 4th and did one into the distance....

Only thing that has surprised me was a Micra 160... Had a bit trouble catching that one up!

Had a rolling start drag with a monster Sierra Cosworth, thought he hadn't bothered until he came roaring past about 140...

Really fancied a go at a Porsche turbo off the lights but it never happened...

[Edited on 29/3/15 by coozer]

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Simon

posted on 29/3/15 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
Going though Matfield village circa 1996, bloke in front (1985 Porsche 911 thing) floors it at the GLF; so do I and keep up with him - 1985 Mini with metro turbo lump, around 15 psi boost and 1293cc guessing at 120 bhp and 500kg, and it looked real shite

Around 1992 coming back down M4 doing circa 70, bloke comes past in Honda Legend 3 litre thing at about 80, I pass him around 90, he passes me about 100 etc etc. He came past about 130, and that was when I let my ZZR1100 rip

ATB

Simon

steve m

posted on 29/3/15 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Years ago, Jasper in a bike engined locost, and I in my 1700 crossflow had a blast against a couple of Ferrari on the way to Goodwood, all on back lanes in sussex

we won, the red Ferrari's backed off, and we lost them

I believe James was a passenger in Jaspers car

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

bi22le

posted on 29/3/15 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
I got wasted by a civic type R. Our cars are no good at rolling starts from 80!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

scudderfish

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:21 AM Reply With Quote
I wasted a TVR Griffith by taking its engine out and putting it in my car.
beaver34

posted on 30/3/15 at 05:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I got wasted by a civic type R. Our cars are no good at rolling starts from 80!!

depends how much power you have

jeffw

posted on 30/3/15 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Indeed....

I once tried to keep up with a Veyron (in Germany)....he was pulling away like a lunatic and I gave up once I hit 170MPH, although this was in the Audi RS4

kj

posted on 30/3/15 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
A porsche boxter comming back over the top's from Stanhope did not know what size engine it was as i never seen the back of it.
A clio sport but he cought up after a while when i ran out of gear ratio's

FuryRebuild

posted on 30/3/15 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
About 1995, me in my 2.7 rover sterling, and I came across a lotus carlton. On our way into wales, we played race and chase across a couple of roundabouts, and he got bored, and just shot off into the distance.

That was an impressive car.

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

adithorp

posted on 30/3/15 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Can you ever know whether you've "wasted" a car on the road? I've def' let a few go when they were more prepared to be silly/dangerous than I am; I'm sure they tell their mates how they wasted a kit car. Lostcount of the number of Scoobys/Civics/etc that have been almost in a ditch trying to follow me into a corner but come past at silly speeds on the straight.

Couple that stick as both partys def' being "involved"...Had a drag out of a m/way 50 road works zone with a Carrera GT turbo after we'd gone through it side by side. Was just ahead when we both let off just top side of a ton; I had dropped it 4 gears first and it was the clutchless upshifts that gave me the edge. Also a Vantage I'd been following, floored it as I moved out to overtake him up a steep (1:10?) dual carrigeway; Don't think he expected me to still gain but we both gave that one up at the top of the hill, when sid-byside and went back to 50 limit... Oh, and an unmarked police 5series who tried following me over the Snake at a steady 50 and nearly ditched it when I didn't slow for the corners... he was very compementary when he caught up at the ice-cream van for a chat.

Now on track is a different matter but it'd be easier to list cars that wasted me... when trying, GardenerDouglas demo T70, Gallado... not much else comes to mind... oh the Isonbusa (allegedly)

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

kj

posted on 30/3/15 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
On the road a DB7 tried to get away first, like you say the catch up on the long starights.

mcerd1

posted on 30/3/15 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Can you ever know whether you've "wasted" a car on the road?

I used to leave all kinds of fancy metal for dead at the lights in my 106 - but I don't think it was much to do with its 45bhp and its 18 second 0-60 time.... (although it was surprisingly good 0-30 )

I tended to pull away about as quick as it would let me so as to get my pick of the lanes while I could and before said big fancy cars decided to try and push me out the way (especially the German made ones with 'M' badges on the back ) - somehow I don't think the ones that I 'wasted' were really trying.....

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.