Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: DVLA Kits and Rebuilds and NOVA Proof
avagolen

posted on 29/4/15 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Excellent news.

The Answer for everything, but never the last word....

luke2152

posted on 29/4/15 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
I'm currently jumping through the same hoops... im finally making some progress though I think
ctwv50

posted on 29/4/15 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luke2152
I'm currently jumping through the same hoops... im finally making some progress though I think

I can help you with the NOVA from if needed. And I have the PTU department tel number and email.

luke2152

posted on 29/4/15 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Ptu has been nothing but helpful. Its dvla being difficult. Anyway I think it is all back on track. Ill post details when I get it all sorted.
Edwardo

posted on 29/4/15 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ctwv50
quote:

I can help you with the NOVA from if needed. And I have the PTU department tel number and email.

Can I ask what your situation is please Luke regarding what stage you are with the reg process/ when your chassis number was allocated etc?

It might be a good indicator as to whether we are all going to start having to go through yet another ridiculous bureaucratic hoop to get a new build onto the road.

Cheers
Tony

theduck

posted on 29/4/15 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
I share your fears! I have iva next week and hoping I don't have to go through this once I get my pass.
luke2152

posted on 29/4/15 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
*Applied to DVLA for VIN number October '14 - took 2 weeks til I got a letter back with VIN number.
*Applied for IVA test mid November. Nothing heard after 6 weeks, contacted them myself for the Z-number required to book IVA.
*Contacted DVSA(VOSA) for IVA and got a test date sorted for start of Feb but I was only available Wednesdays so that probably delayed it.
*IVA fail 2 Feb and took 4 weeks to get it ready for retest and then had to wait 2 weeks to get a slot.
*IVA pass 16 March and sent paperwork off immediately.
*DVLA contacted me 18 April to tell me I needed a NOVA certificate and been chasing that since.

Here my situation was slightly different because I was living in Germany when I was doing some of my build and as such some of the receipts I sent to DVLA had a German address on them (I'm back in UK now). I thought that was the reason why I got asked to do NOVA but it seems that everyone is getting asked that now. Anyway I submitted NOVA application online to HMRC. Then rang them and talked about the situation and they looked up their rules and said I didn't need a NOVA. DVLA wasn't happy about that so I got HMRC to ring DVLA and explain that NOVA wasn't required but DVLA still wanted a letter from HMRC. I finally have that and have forwarded it to DVLA so hopefully they can carry on....

ctwv50

posted on 29/4/15 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by luke2152Then rang them and talked about the situation and they looked up their rules and said I didn't need a NOVA. DVLA wasn't happy about that so I got HMRC to ring DVLA and explain that NOVA wasn't required but DVLA still wanted a letter from HMRC. I finally have that and have forwarded it to DVLA so hopefully they can carry on....

It's just nuts isn't it, I struggle personally with illogical actions or words, I simply can't let it go and have to point it out, ( I work in computers, Microsoft drive me nuts daily) I'm not diagnosed autistic, but this really annoys me because someone high up in the DVLA is making everyone do this but for no apparent logical reason!

ctwv50

posted on 30/4/15 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
TIME TO DRIVE!

David Jenkins

posted on 30/4/15 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Now THAT is a scary helmet & mask!

luke2152

posted on 1/5/15 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
V5 came in the mail today! Happy days.

theduck

posted on 1/5/15 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Those of you that have had to go through this, would you recommend doing it before applying for your registration?
SteveWalker

posted on 1/5/15 at 04:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

A gunner in Mad Max 2 I think!

luke2152

posted on 1/5/15 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theduck
Those of you that have had to go through this, would you recommend doing it before applying for your registration?

That would probably be a good idea although to be honest the whole NOVA fiasco probably only held me up 2 weeks. 2 very stressful weeks! Best advice is to follow up every letter or email to either DVLA or HMRC with a phone call after a few days and keep ringing back (politely) until you get what you're after. DVLA especially don't seem to do anything unless prompted.
Useful numbers:
DVLA kits and rebuilds - 01792782069 - Donna Kennet
HMRC - 03000583020 - Alex is the man to ask for as he seems to have a bit of common sense.

ctwv50

posted on 1/5/15 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

That would probably be a good idea although to be honest the whole NOVA fiasco probably only held me up 2 weeks. 2 very stressful weeks! Best advice is to follow up every letter or email to either DVLA or HMRC with a phone call after a few days and keep ringing back (politely) until you get what you're after. DVLA especially don't seem to do anything unless prompted.
Useful numbers:
HMRC - 03000583020 - Alex is the man to ask for as he seems to have a bit of common sense.

Agreed, if it becomes apparent that they are going to make this mandatory then yes when you apply to DVLA I would at the same time speak with the PTU about getting an application in. They just need receipts and a date for when the chassis was completed as they use this for data entry. Might save you a week or two. Donna is a lovely lady she ended up taking my app on due to sickness, and she calls you back to when she says she is going to. PTU team are no problem but the process can seem confusing, and it is but I won't go there again.

Anyway my V5 turned up today!

ctwv50

posted on 1/5/15 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Useful numbers:

Agreed, if it becomes apparent that they are going to make this mandatory then yes when you apply to DVLA I would at the same time speak with the PTU about getting an application in. They just need receipts and a date for when the chassis was completed as they use this for data entry. Might save you a week or two. Donna is a lovely lady she ended up taking my app on due to sickness, and she calls you back to when she says she is going to. PTU team are no problem but the process can seem confusing, and it is but I won't go there again.

Anyway my V5 turned up today!

ctwv50

posted on 1/5/15 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins

A gunner in Mad Max 2 I think!

A guy in screw fix today said "something out of Death Race 2000"! haha.

avagolen

posted on 8/5/15 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
Quick question for those who have recently gained registration.

How long aftet registration completed and v5 arriving in the post?

Received email this morning confirming completed this morning.

No NOVA even mentioned in any communications.

ctwv50

posted on 8/5/15 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by avagolen

I don't understand your question, sorry.

avagolen

posted on 8/5/15 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
How long after dvla confirmation that registration is completed (via email this morning)
and v5 arrives in the post.

Required so I can get some number plates made up and drive.:-):-):-):-)

40inches

posted on 8/5/15 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Once you have a registration, you can get plates made up and drive it. The V5 will not be along anytime soon, judging by my experience.

avagolen

posted on 8/5/15 at 09:30 AM Reply With Quote
So how do you get number plates made without it?

40inches

posted on 8/5/15 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
So how do you get number plates made without it?

They sent a form giving authority to have plates made up. If you have a reg number it may be quicker to get a set from an eBay seller.

avagolen

posted on 8/5/15 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks. That is what I need to know.

How long for the form to arrive? Approx........

40inches

posted on 8/5/15 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Pretty quickly if I remember correctly, but a few days and a few miles after I had the plates made
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.