Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wiring loom. Please help
Gaz4562

posted on 18/4/15 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Wiring loom. Please help

I've just brought of eBay a unused wiring loom for a 7 type car. It is meant to for all the lighting circuits and instruments. Nothing is labeled on it so have been going through it all one wire at a time as they are taped together in some sort of order, but nothing seems to make any sense at all. Is there any generic diagrams out there or anything helpful as I'm pulling my hair out. I'm sure it's really simple if you know what your doing and had the loom in front of you.
Smoking Frog

posted on 18/4/15 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Wiring diagrams are available if you know who made it.
Gaz4562

posted on 18/4/15 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
He said its was from GTS but there website is DTR kit cars. I've looked on there website but no wiring looms for sale. And no one answering calls today either.
Smoking Frog

posted on 18/4/15 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Two looms that I'm aware of are Premier Wiring Systems and Vicki Green. If you can find a wiring diagram for these and match it to your loom it should help.
Gaz4562

posted on 18/4/15 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
I've been looking throug premier looms page and tried ringing. I shall stick with it.
Smoking Frog

posted on 18/4/15 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
May be a long shot but the colours may match the Lucas wiring colour codes (or at least some of them), example here :-
http://www.dimebank.com/LucasColours.html

SteveWallace

posted on 18/4/15 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gaz4562
I've just brought of eBay a unused wiring loom for a 7 type car. It is meant to for all the lighting circuits and instruments. Nothing is labeled on it so have been going through it all one wire at a time as they are taped together in some sort of order, but nothing seems to make any sense at all. Is there any generic diagrams out there or anything helpful as I'm pulling my hair out. I'm sure it's really simple if you know what your doing and had the loom in front of you.

I don't know if its any use to you, but I used a Premier Loom and there are a number of diagrams in my photo archive that show how I connected it (one for each major bock of circuits). The wire colour codes with the (P) next to them are the loom wires and the others are from whatever other bit of kit I was connecting to it. For example, this one is the lights and (s) stands for Sierra:

headlight tail and fog wiring
headlight tail and fog wiring

Gaz4562

posted on 18/4/15 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Ill take a look tonight and see if I can make any sense of it. I'm stuck on a dialysis machine at the moment which is about as much fun as trying to figure this bloody loom out
SteveWallace

posted on 18/4/15 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'm only just up the road in Eastwood and I'm looking for excuses to get out in the kit, so happy to come and have a look if you like but I cannot do this weekend.
big-vee-twin

posted on 18/4/15 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
GTS used to make superlooms wiring harness.

Superlooms was taken over by Eddie99 member on here, he's a nice chap and my be able to help you.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

Gaz4562

posted on 18/4/15 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Steve might take you up on that. Will try and get hold of eddie99 first as he sounds like the man who may have made it. Thanks for the help folks
Gaz4562

posted on 18/4/15 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
I've sent Eddie a message so hopefully get some answers soon

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.