Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Installing Sierra Push-In Drive Shafts
yngndrw

posted on 26/4/15 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Installing Sierra Push-In Drive Shafts

Hello,

I've got some reconditioned push-in Sierra drive shafts and some brand new wheel bearings which have already been pressed into the bearing blocks.

I just tried pushing the drive shafts into the inner wheel bearing races and was expecting an easy-ish fit but even with some light tapping it doesn't seem to be going in so easily. I'm concerned with the amount of force required to push the drive shaft in and that the two inner bearing races will not have any spacing between them. The drive shafts pushed into the differential very easily.

Can anybody confirm how you're meant to install the drive shafts and if the inner bearing races need spacing apart on the drive shaft ?

Thanks,
-Andrew.

austin man

posted on 26/4/15 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
they shouldnt be that tight have you measure the bearing and the shaft sound like you could have a wrong bearing, some of the early Sierras had thinner shafts I have the thinner ones on mine there is a significant difference

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

yngndrw

posted on 26/4/15 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
I will measure it next time I go out to the garage but they are at least a similar size as I was able to tap the shaft into one of the inner races a bit so if there is a big difference between the sizes then it sounds like I have the correct ones.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.