Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: sierra engine cradle
generaldogsbody

posted on 26/4/15 at 10:53 PM Reply With Quote
sierra engine cradle

Just thought i'd check with you lads.The engine cradle on my sierra 2.0 p100 hase seen better days,av bid on one off a 2wd saphire/coworth.It looks the same as mine,is it gonna fit.Thanks.
mcerd1

posted on 27/4/15 at 08:02 AM Reply With Quote
I assume you mean the cross member ?

I'm pretty sure cossie ones are different from normal sierra ones, and I really doubt that the P100 uses the cossie version...

-

generaldogsbody

posted on 27/4/15 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
I assume you mean the cross member ?

I'm pretty sure cossie ones are different from normal sierra ones, and I really doubt that the P100 uses the cossie version...

yes engine cradle/crossmember with the steering rack bolted to it.yust took pictures to compare,looks the same as mine.Hope someone knows,iff not i just hope i get outbid.

mcerd1

posted on 27/4/15 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Checked my copy of the ford cossie manual - the crossmember is an RS specific part

That's not to say the cossie one won't bolt on to the chassis, but you may find it's not got clearance in the right places and I think the engine mounts are different too

If my memory serves me correctly the p100 shares some of its front end with the granada/scorpio rather than the sierra and I may just have a Granada crossmembers somewhere (although I've no idea what state it's in) but that would probably cost 100x what's worth to post it....

[Edited on 27/4/2015 by mcerd1]

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.