Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Brake Bias Clevises to tight.
Irony

posted on 26/5/15 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Brake Bias Clevises to tight.

I think my brake bias clevises are nipped up to tight against the brake pedal to allow for proper bias adjustment. However as the pedal box is fitted it is a PITA to get to. A friend has suggested I need to unscrew the push rods from the clevises, spin the clevises around a couple of times and screw the push rods back in. I have tried this but I think the rubber boot on the push rod is gripping the push rod so tight I am turning the boot as well. This means when I let go of the push rod it spins back into its original position and the boot is rubbery. I am plainly avoiding taking the pedal box out as it is a nightmare getting to the swine. Anyone got any ideas?
rodgling

posted on 26/5/15 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
Yup, this is a right pain, fortunately there is an easy solution. Peel back the boot slightly, spray with silicone lubricant. The boot will then spin freely and you can easily turn the pushrod.
adithorp

posted on 26/5/15 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
+1

Only issue is if the boot has a crimped clip holding it to the shaft. You can just remove it and leave off; the boot is only a dust cover and it makes very little difference if the clip is missing.
Be sure it's silicone lube NOT mineral oil to lubricate the boot.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Irony

posted on 26/5/15 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
+1

Only issue is if the boot has a crimped clip holding it to the shaft. You can just remove it and leave off; the boot is only a dust cover and it makes very little difference if the clip is missing.
Be sure it's silicone lube NOT mineral oil to lubricate the boot.

I have a crimped clip, it must be crimped flipping tight. Okay, I'll snip the crimps off and lubricate and try again. Cheers fellas

rodgling

posted on 26/5/15 at 03:02 PM Reply With Quote
No need to remove crimps, just grip the (lubricated) rubber boot (by hand) and turn in order to turn the pushrod.
Angel Acevedo

posted on 26/5/15 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Crimp may be removed and if your picky, you may install a ty rap (Cable tie) when done.
I haven´t installed my pedalbox, but came to the conclusion that I will need to do so at some point in time.
HTH.

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Irony

posted on 26/5/15 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rodgling
Yup, this is a right pain, fortunately there is an easy solution. Peel back the boot slightly, spray with silicone lubricant. The boot will then spin freely and you can easily turn the pushrod.

Hey up,

Problem solved! Thanks a bunch.

Angel Acevedo

posted on 26/5/15 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
quote:
Originally posted by rodgling

Hey up,

Problem solved! Thanks a bunch.

Good to Know.
Then it is easier for me in the not so distant future...
Thanks Rodgling.
AA

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.