Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Injection pump above swirl pot?
40inches

posted on 26/5/15 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Injection pump above swirl pot?

I have a "small" problem, I cannot fit the pump below the swirl pot, no room at all, apart from possibly right at the front just behind the steering rack
The pump is a Bosch 0580254910. I wondered if I restrict the flow from the swirl pot to tank return, that would possibly give a positive pressure in the pump fuel feed line? Clutching at straws here possibly.

stevebubs

posted on 26/5/15 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
how about immersing in the swirlpot?? May require a different pot but would surely be a decent solution?

[Edited on 26/5/15 by stevebubs]

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 26/5/15 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
Is mounting the pump vertically on the pot possible?

I use the Gerotor type pumps (Pierburg, etc.) which are better at sucking than the Roller Vane (Bosch) types. The latter will cavitate if not totally happy with the feed, as you know, which needs to be pretty free flowing. When wet, both pump types will work above the fuel level, it's the fuel that seals the rotor.

Bosch have been more reliable, but do draw more current, run hotter and are chunky monkeys. Packaging an 044 or 979 isn't easy, but fitting a smaller Pierburg may be better?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.