Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Dad Rush bonnet scoop
Pojo

posted on 27/5/15 at 05:21 AM Reply With Quote
Dad Rush bonnet scoop

Hi collective

Does anyone have the internal height and width dimensions for a Dax Rush long bonnet scoop. Have asked the new owners of the Rush a couple of times but still waiting for reply.

Thanks, Pojo

Pojo

posted on 27/5/15 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
DAX Rush bonnet scoop

OOOOPPPPSSS, must preview post prior to posting. subject is DAX Rush no Dad rush. Sorry
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 27/5/15 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
I have that scoop on my car, I will try and get the details for you tonight or tomorrow..
Pojo

posted on 27/5/15 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Chris
jonrotheray

posted on 27/5/15 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
Dad rush

...give your car the dad bod look.....
Irony

posted on 27/5/15 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Is a Dad rush scoop made of corduroy?
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 29/5/15 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
I did manage to get some measurements last night, but didn't get a chance to draw them up this lunchtime, should be able to get them done tonight for you.
Pojo

posted on 29/5/15 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
thanks
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 29/5/15 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
how are these for a start, tricky to get exact as it is on the bonnet.

https://goo.gl/photos/ioXqmnsFgvcPG3JWA

Pojo

posted on 30/5/15 at 05:38 AM Reply With Quote
Brilliant Chris. Exactly what I need, will look at the car today and see if it will work. My biggest challenge is getting any decent air filter on top of the jenvey's as they are so tall and are only 192mm wide on top of the TB's & between the 2 raised fuel rails.

Really appreciate the information, thanks

scudderfish

posted on 30/5/15 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote
Ooo, that might be big enough to cover the lump of engine sticking out of my bonnet.
Chris_Xtreme

posted on 30/5/15 at 02:10 PM Reply With Quote
have you seen this as an idea for a higher scoop:

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=198349

I had exactly the same problem re air filter, I have a 2 sets of bike throttle bodies on top of my RV8, as there is I didn't have time to make a base plate I bought a big bit of air filter foam from ram, made 8 holes in it for the trumpets and made a self supporting filter with a wire cage over the top. stuck it together with electrical tape. On the rolling road it made no difference to power, ie it didn't block, however with the scoop over the top I reckon it must. One down side is that hot air comes up alot, thus you will see some heat mat in there to try and block some of the air coming up.

have a look at my vidoes part way down this post if you like, it's not pretty but it works and just took me 1800 miles round france with the skcc.

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?tid=197999&pa ge=1

what have you trying to squeeze under the bonnet?

Pojo

posted on 31/5/15 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the ideas Chris.

this is what will be under the bonnet, Jaguar AJ30 out of an S type. issue is all about height as manifold for the Jenveys are very tall

[img][/img]

Am thinking about making own airbox out of Alluminuim and using 1 or 2 panel air filters slid into the top. Must upload some photos to my archive.

On your exhaust, do you have a balance pipe? if so what diameter? as have so much room in front of engine in engine bay, i am thinking of bringing bothe exhaust headers forward and eventually into one 3" exhaust so have a single exit, any thoughts

Cheers

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 1/6/15 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
that looks great and love the colour too !!

I didn't do the engine install, the exhausts are just 4 out of each side, into a collector and into 1, though the silencer and out. It is pretty noisy! don't know the DBs but would hazard a guess it would be too much for most tracks and or IVA. pootling around is pretty quiet, but foot down.....

If you were going to get all six into 1, I think I can see how a balance pipe might help, but a quick bit of reading had me scratching my head wondering if it would really do anything.

Pojo

posted on 1/6/15 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks

The main idea of getting six into two into one is that i will only have to buy one silencer and one catalytic converter for the price of just a few bends and a tee piece. Plus the noise will a lot smoother as opposed to 2 banks of 3. Main issue is finding a silencer capable of handling the size of engine and possible 3" size inlet pipe. Just a thought at the moment, trying to be a bit different

Chris_Xtreme

posted on 1/6/15 at 01:53 PM Reply With Quote
all I can do is recommend, as I used them on my previous xtreme is these guys:

http://www.powerspeed.co.uk/

they did a fab job on a new exhaust can for me, also raising the height of it etc, so bending the pipes etc.

they are in Ashford, kent, so that may be a problem if you don't have easy access to a trailer... I drove mine round there.

One reason I ended up buying the v8 xtreme, apart from a second child being on the way and I would never get the time to do a conversion, was the cost of the 2 sets of exhausts. It was looking at over a grand for each set!

I have since changed it from a holley carb, to bike TBs and megasquirt, just to be different so I get where you are coming from, enjoy the build

scudderfish

posted on 1/6/15 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
My exhaust is two 4-2-1 that then join and feed into this silencer.

It's a bit battered as it is underslung.

My daughter's school had an 'interesting cars' show at a summer fete a few years ago, there was an Austin 7, TR6, Exige, a tractor, Ford Mustang and a Ferrari. I won the noisiest car competition

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.