Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How to identify a CBR 919 version and its carburetors?
MadMaxx

posted on 27/5/15 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
How to identify a CBR 919 version and its carburetors?

Hi to all,

I would like to exactly identify the version of CBR 919 engine and its carburetors version installed on my Fury, because looking to Haynes manual there are several of them from '95 to '99 having carburetors with some differences, throw the following pictures.

There is also a ID that seems to be applied by a trader or tuner of the engine. Someone can recognize it and its meaning?

Many thanks,

Maxx

[img][/img]

[Edited on 27/5/15 by MadMaxx]

Andy B

posted on 27/5/15 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
OK
first picture identifies that it is a 919 blade from its engine number, there are two evos of the 919 - RRT/V and RRW/X - very similar but higher compression on w/x models, smaller clutch and a few little differences. - You can tell which one you have by checking to see if it has a speed sensor bolted into the case above the geabox - if it does it is an RRW/X if it has two hex shaped cat marks instead its the earlier RRT/V
All the carbs are pretty much interchangeable once jetted and the last pictures are a quality control department i.D
hope that helps
Andy

MadMaxx

posted on 27/5/15 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy B
OK
first picture identifies that it is a 919 blade from its engine number, there are two evos of the 919 - RRT/V and RRW/X - very similar but higher compression on w/x models, smaller clutch and a few little differences. - You can tell which one you have by checking to see if it has a speed sensor bolted into the case above the geabox - if it does it is an RRW/X if it has two hex shaped cat marks instead its the earlier RRT/V
All the carbs are pretty much interchangeable once jetted and the last pictures are a quality control department i.D
hope that helps
Andy

Thank you very much Andy

MikeRJ

posted on 28/5/15 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
SC33E-22xxxx means it's a '98 engine, so it's from an RRW.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.