Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt/jolt questions
DaveP905

posted on 27/5/15 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt/jolt questions

Hey all, I'm looking to buy megasquirt/megajolt for the first time and need help with the parts I need, its for a 1.8 cvh with zx6r carbs still in a Sierra with original ignition system.

Is it just the megajolt for Ford 4 cylinders i need?
Also what website is best to get it, trigger-wheels any good?

austin man

posted on 27/5/15 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
megajolt will do there is a guy on ebay selling the full kit including trigger wheel edis pack and coil pack just enter megajolt

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

mcerd1

posted on 27/5/15 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
triggerwheels are the UK distributor, but you can buy direct from the US (can be cheaper depending on the exchange rate you can get)

triggerwheels will also add in all the donor bits for a price - but if you can find your own in the scrapyard you'll save a lot of cash

-

AntonUK

posted on 27/5/15 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Although megajolt;t will get you running really well ( I loved mine), dont disregard using the squirt on ignition only. There are loads of more other options and outputs to be utilised on a squirt than a jolt. Fan control, better rev limiting, and even the option to get rid of the EDIS and drive the coil pack direct... Obviously is slightly more expensive and complicated, but depends what you need/want and your electronics background?

Build Photos Here

DaveP905

posted on 30/5/15 at 03:45 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry for the late reply, working to much lol.

Thanks for the info, I only want ignition control that's mappable, but would be nice to get rid of the external rev limiter and the dizzy cap.

My electronics background? Not a lot of experience with vehicle electronics but I do have an A level equivalent in electronics.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.