Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Nasty Ebay Suspension parts yet again :-(
britishtrident

posted on 30/6/15 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Nasty Ebay Suspension parts yet again :-(

Annoying rattle developing on the tintop's suspension, a quick investigation revealed anti-roll bar link was goosed. It was renewed 9 months ago and the car was not used for 2 months over the worst of the winter so really only 6,000 miles over 7 months.
It was bought in a hurry off ebay.
The link on the other side was renewed at the same time but was from my usual motor factor (Andrew Watt of Glasgow) and is as new.

[Edited on 30/6/15 by britishtrident]

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

coyoteboy

posted on 30/6/15 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, not a surprise really. I bought some bottom ball joints from eurocarparts and they lasted <12 months.Bought one from local motor factors - different make - again just over 12 months. Had to do the same again to get through MOT in a rush but it seems cheap ones are total tat. What I found interesting was that ECP now offers two sizes of ball for the same part.
To be fair, Glasgow roads are such a joke it's probably an accelerated wear test.

[Edited on 30/6/15 by coyoteboy]

owelly

posted on 30/6/15 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a pair of £40 ball joints for my Bongo from Ebay. The rubbers perished within three months and the joints were knocking at 5 months. The company wanted me to send them back for them to inspect. I posted up a youtube clip for them to see and sent them a link. The clip had their name on it......... They sent me a full refund. I then fitted the old balljoints but with new rubber boots and they were still on the vehicle when I sold it 20,000 miles later.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.