Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto on Bike carbs
ALLAN 14

posted on 4/8/15 at 02:11 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto on Bike carbs

Hi Guys.
I am helping a friend to install bike carbs onto an 1800 Pinto,We have got the engine started but we have a slight
intermittent blow back on cylinders 1&2, We have got the tickover to about 1000 rpm.
The engine is running the standard Sierra ignition with the vacuum connected and a brake servo.

As it has been a long time since I worked on a Pinto,My next step is to check the timing and cylinder compression
before anything else, Am I heading in the right direction??.

I would be much obliged for any guidance.

Best Regards
ALLAN 14

jacko

posted on 4/8/15 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
Are the carbs balanced ?
and how have you got the vacuum connected to the manifold just to one carb or all ?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ALLAN 14

posted on 4/8/15 at 04:27 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto on Bike carbs

Hi Jacko.

Vacuum is tapped off at 1&4 not on a intake from each,I think that the front pair are getting more air than the rear,
but need to get a carb balancer to make sure, will also check the tappets at the same time.

Regards

ALLAN

jacko

posted on 4/8/15 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
The first thing is to get the carbs balanced and for a temporary vacuum join all 4 pipes from each carb inlet to a small cylinder and one pipe to the dizzy
this should help stop the vacuum pulsing the dizzy
i am not to sure about the brake vacuum pipe

You could just disconnect the dizzy and block the vacuum pipes but set the timing to 36dgrs thats what Bogg Brothers did to mine until i got a modified dizzy

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.