Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Manchester lockup
luke2152

posted on 12/8/15 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Manchester lockup

Well I'm moving to Manchester with work (army) at end of the month. Will be looking for somewhere to keep the 7 along with some tools etc. Does anyone have or know of suitable garages for hire. Don't really know where to look. I believe I'll be in Salford but doesn't have to be right on my doorstep. Will look forward to meeting some of you up there.
Luke

coozer

posted on 12/8/15 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Theres bound to be plenty container storage places if your looking for something more secure than a chocolate lockup..

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

luke2152

posted on 12/8/15 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Can't say I've thought about it much - never had to worry about security before. You mean like an ISO container? Can you hire those as garages?
coozer

posted on 12/8/15 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
Shipping containers like what you see on trucks or ships.

Most storage places use them or you can buy them, about £1200 for a 45 foot one..

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

mistergrumpy

posted on 18/8/15 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Whereabouts in Salford? Are you going into the careers office in Manchester? There's some pretty rough places in Salford that you probably want to avoid putting expensive things in view in. Let me know. I've worked in Salford going on 7 years now so I know it pretty well.
luke2152

posted on 18/8/15 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
As far as I'm aware I'll be living on Chapel road and working in Failsworth (TA workshop). I'm not really familiar with the area other than having a look on google maps. I'll be moving in a couple of weeks but keep the 7 at my current location until I figure out the best plan of where to keep it.
mistergrumpy

posted on 19/8/15 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Chapel Street is spitting distance from the city, bit of a commute to Fallowfield right across town. For me I'd look on the Cambridge Industrial Estate. There's lots of small units there or maybe on the Willan industrial Estate, that's a bit more industrial. Without being off, security is going to be a problem for you around there especially in something like a seven. When the locals see it they'll have their eyes peeled

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.