Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MT 75 Gearbox Refurbisment.
ALLAN 14

posted on 25/8/15 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
MT 75 Gearbox Refurbisment.

Hi Fellow Builders.
I have an MT 75 gearbox with concentric clutch,from a diesel Sierra and intend to rebuild replacing seals and bearings,
Syncro rings if needed. The question I have is a workshop manual available and if there is where do you get it from.
Has anybody done this and did it work,was it easy?.I have stripped and rebuilt most things over the years so just need to know
if there are any obvious pitfalls waiting to bite Me!.
I am familiar with the modern technique of photographing every step any stripping it in a big tray to catch all the bits.
Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Allan 14

perksy

posted on 25/8/15 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Just a thought, The MT75 is a pretty strong gearbox, Does yours really need a rebuild in the first place ?

Worth checking the rear seal where the 'spider' exits as this is a pig to do under a 7, ask me how i know this one

Paul W

posted on 25/8/15 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Allan, how you doin?

can you gain any info from this link

http://www.super7thheaven.co.uk/components/mt75-gearbox/

Cheers Paul

rusty nuts

posted on 26/8/15 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with a manual but would recommend checking that the gear ratios are suitable for what you need. I know that diesel type 9 boxes have a virtually useless first gear , fine for a Sierra towing a caravan but for anything else , forget it.The MT 75 box may be better but cheaper to check before rebuilding.
john-t5

posted on 26/8/15 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
Built a few of them for v6 boa Cosworth conversions years ago. You need a special socket for the front input shaft cover. Can be easily made by cutting a socket & welding a tube in.cant remember off the top of my head the size. But I'll try & dig the socket out to get some pics.

Cheers John

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.