Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sharing helpful car building planning method
Mr Whippy

posted on 2/9/15 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Sharing helpful car building planning method

Hi,

I’m yet again rebuilding another Landy after saying I wouldn’t but never mind.

I thought I’d share a very simple planning tool/method I have used for the last few cars that helps enormously keep on top of what I should be doing (screenshots at the bottom). It’s just in excel since that is what I have at work but you can get free spreadsheets on the web that do exactly the same thing.

As you can see basically I have a column with the list of jobs I need to do, and some others that show 100% complete (no point in lying to yourself with that!), The area of the car the job applies to, the priority (I use 1 to 4) so that I can select just the important ones. I have defined the priority definitions at the top right.

Once done I can filter just the priority 1’s excluding the 100% complete jobs and there I have a list showing what I should be focusing on or all the 2’s or all the engine jobs for example. I find this so much easier to manage the project rather than just a big scary list and it helps not to get disheartened with how many are still outstanding.

With any car project and probably kit cars especially it’s easy to lose focus and feel like everything is taking forever and when will it ever end?!?! hence we see so many part finished cars for sale.

Hopefully this very simple method might help you keep going and get to the end.

Cheers

[Edited on 2/9/15 by Mr Whippy]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

posted on 2/9/15 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
I think I can save you some work.

Number 26:- Fit ammo box in pickup bed; but nowhere can I see the bit about mounting the guns ?

No guns; no need for ammo box.

Paul G

Mr Whippy

posted on 2/9/15 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
ammo boxes make really great heavy gauge 100% water proof lockable tool boxes. I have one in the pickup bed bolted through the body and a large one behind the bulkhead for storing the soft top. Army surplus is great plus their cheap
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.