Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec plumbing question
Lander

posted on 5/12/15 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
Zetec plumbing question

Dear Collective,

I am at the stage of plumbing in the engine for water on my build and have a quick query. I bought my engine, box, ecu from a running MK so should be straight forward drop in and connect up.

I am not using a heater so that outlet from Thermostat should be blanked off, already done.
However the top outlet (bleed pipe?) from the thermostat is also blanked off, well it has some sort of bleed nipple on it.
Also the outlet (19mm?) from the thermostat which should link into the "bottom pipe" is also blanked off.
Would this work with this set up ? Please discuss.

Thanks in advance, Ian

Dick Axtell

posted on 5/12/15 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
Check out this thread :-

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=200665

Paul Turner's reply was a sound guide.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

Lander

posted on 5/12/15 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Dick,
I had read that thread but I am bemused by the ports that are blocked off on my thermostat currently as it was on a running setup. So it is basically as Paul Turners image but without the Bypass pipe or the bleed pipe from the top of the thermostat and just wondered what thoughts were on that set up, would it work ?

Thanks,
Ian

Dick Axtell

posted on 5/12/15 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lander
Thanks Dick, I had read that thread but I am bemused by the ports that are blocked off on my thermostat currently as it was on a running setup. So it is basically as Paul Turners image but without the Bypass pipe or the bleed pipe from the top of the thermostat and just wondered what thoughts were on that set up, would it work ? Thanks, Ian

Hi Ian. Not 100% sure if your suggested variation to the Paul Turner plumbing diagram would work OK. Am still in the connecting up stages, and as its a tried and tested method, I'll stick with the Turner scheme as is. Nonetheless, I'll be interested to hear if your version works OK.

Work-in-Progress: Changed to Zetec + T9. Still trying!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.