Author: Subject: Raw bum end
watsonpj

posted on 23/12/15 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Raw bum end

As Richard has posted up his picture again
[img] Description
Description
[/img]

it reminds me that I'd really like to upgrade my fury from a fury to a furnix or whatever its called so I need the bum end of a raw phoenix if any one has one, even slightly damaged that I can fix up.
I asked raw but they won't do a short shot and I only need the bit from the rear wheels back or even a bit less.

cheers Pete

alfas

posted on 23/12/15 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
really?

i never understood this ugly rear of the later phoenix.

the spoiler-aerodynamics rear of the sylva or fisher looks much more appealing and more old-school. which suits the car much better than the round-ish, whatever you call it, design.

sorry for my comments...but thats my opinion.

[Edited on 23/12/15 by alfas]

watsonpj

posted on 23/12/15 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
No worries everyone has their own preference.the only thing I don't like on the fury is the back end.
jeffw

posted on 23/12/15 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
If you ring Steve at Fury Sports Car you may well find he has access to a Phoenix tub, new in Orange.

TimC

posted on 24/12/15 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Try Tim Gray - contactable through Spire Sportscars I think.

dickie b

posted on 24/12/15 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Hello chaps

Well I wasn't the first to do this tail conversion; I spotted this done to a Fury while wandering around Stoneleigh well over ten years ago and loved the look of it. For me it 'balances' out the Fury profile which has a long swooping bonnet but a curiously stubby kamm tail.

I always loved the Ginetta G4 and this is the closest i could affordably get to it.

Anyway - The Fury at Stoneleigh belonged to a guy called Tim Mann. IIRC Tim's Fury had previously suffered a rear-end shunt and his insurance was paying out for the repair; JP at Sylva was making the Phoenix at the time, so they went with the option to stick the Phoenix tail onto the Fury tub.

For me I sourced the battered bodywork from a crashed racecar (posted up on here I think). I just U2U'd the owner and asked if he wanted to sell the mangled bodywork and thankfully he was more than happy to get rid of it. Most of it was chucked away, but I had Andy at Westgate Composites to graft the tailsection on and create me a bespoke bonnet bulge. Pics are all on his website at

Fury conversion pics

The conversion makes stuff-all difference to the supposed 'aerodynamics'.. but makes for a car I am really pleased with.

MikeRJ

posted on 24/12/15 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
I was expecting a thread on the after effects of a very hot curry.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.