Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WiFi usage
LBMEFM

posted on 1/5/16 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
WiFi usage

When I open up Google I often see on the search history items that I would never search for, ie: this evening boxing match and football results where shown on the search of which I or my wife have got absolutely no interest in. Therefore, does this mean that someone is using my WiFi which is password protected and if so how?
gremlin1234

posted on 1/5/16 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
more likely, your connection has dropped, and reconnected, using a new 'ip address' and you are seeing terms used by the previous people who had that address.
joneh

posted on 1/5/16 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Have you left your Google account logged on a work PC etc somewhere?

This would explain it..,

[Edited on 1/5/16 by joneh]

JoelP

posted on 1/5/16 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
I noticed that,on my mobile connection that i know is secure. I believe it's just Google suggesting popular current search terms.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

LBMEFM

posted on 2/5/16 at 05:13 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers guys, still a bit of a mystery though, I have only my personal devices at home as it is where I work from and it seems strange that Google make suggestions on so many subjects that I have shown no interest in. I can only think that it is what gremlin 1234 suggests. Thanks again all of you for your ideas.

[Edited on 2/5/16 by LBMEFM]

TheGecko

posted on 2/5/16 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
If Google is suggesting these as search terms, it's possible it's just doing projection base on your location etc. However, you can always go to https://history.google.com/history/ and look at your actual Google search history. If there's anything there that you don't recognise, then someone is logged in using your Google account and I'd suggest changing your password

D

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.