Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tintop insurance, praise for a change
sdh2903

posted on 3/5/16 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Tintop insurance, praise for a change

Now as most folk do, for our 2 tintops, we end up shopping around for the best deal using the meerkats and the fat singing bloke etc. Last year we ended up with using Esure. Good price, decent excess, multicar discount and they gave the mrs the same 13years ncd as on my car. They also use UK call centres which is a good thing in my experience.

Now fast forward 12 months and its renewal time. Amazingly Esure have gave us a renewal price that beats any of the comparison sites. Seems as though they actually value repeat customers! shock horror!

So anyway, a reccomendation from us if your after tintop insurance. Not sure what im going to do for the rest of the day without having to do battle playing insurance companies off against each other

Slimy38

posted on 3/5/16 at 01:34 PM Reply With Quote
Praise indeed! I vaguely remember being with eSure for a couple of years for the same reason, probably the only time I've actually renewed a policy. I don't think it was the absolute cheapest, but for the sake of a fiver it didn't seem worth the effort to have to mess around with NCD proof etc.

On the other hand, our house insurance has just come through, £199 from Allianz. It was just over £100 last year, so the doubling seemed odd even with the additional break-ins near home. A few mongoose and opera related searches later and it's down to £130. Still an increase, but nowhere near as bad as the renewal!!

fishywick

posted on 3/5/16 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hmmm.
Wifeys Mini was insured with Esure and the premium increased by quite a chunk this year so I decided to check Confused.com. One of the cheapest was Esure - £70 cheaper than my renewal quote - bizarre.
I did try to call them to have a minor rant but lost patience with the 'your call is important to us etc' and renewed online.

sdh2903

posted on 3/5/16 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
For my car the online comparison was 60 quid more than my renewal. For the wifes it was 50 more on the web.

I really am quite shocked. Its the first time in the last 10 years ive renewed with the same company.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.