Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Recommended Impact adhesives
Daddylonglegs

posted on 1/6/16 at 02:28 PM Reply With Quote
Recommended Impact adhesives

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good impact adhesive for sticking vinyl trim on to metal/wood?

I have tried several so-called 'strong' ones but they are cr*p and the material starts to lift at the slightest hint of temperatures above 50 deg Fahrenheit!!

Thanks,
JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

Smoking Frog

posted on 1/6/16 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
The spray-on adhesive that carpet fitters use worked for me (will check name on can if needed). I've had no problems but it's never been in direct sunlight as yet. Normally I would suggest evo-stick as a good contact adhesive, but if it's solvent based it might eat into the vinyl. Although I think evo-stick is also available in non solvent form now (not sure).
nick205

posted on 1/6/16 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
I made my own dashboard out of black vinyl covered plywood. I used carpet fitters aerosol adhesive and never had an issue with it loosening even in direct sunlight.

David Jenkins

posted on 1/6/16 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
I used a spray contact adhesive I bought from a local upholsterer - I bet it's much the same as the carpet stuff. Sticks like the proverbial, even though the seats have got quite hot in the sunshine (remember sunshine?).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.