Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: ignition leads
mini-sprite

posted on 24/6/16 at 02:30 PM Reply With Quote
ignition leads

What to do about ignition leads?

I'm using an MX5 engine and a coil pack from an Audi A3. i need to use a coil pack with built in coil drivers as my megasquirt was intended for use with COP but ive changed direction a bit.

I have ignition leads from the Audi but the ends to the coil pack are bonded on and they are not quite long enough anyway.

i can re use the spark plug ends as they come off easily from the MX5 ends.

Does anone sell just the ends that would go to the coil pack and i could make up my own? This is the coil pack i have NEW AUDI SEAT SKODA VW IGNITION COIL PACK 032905106B 032905106E 032905106 UK

Paul

When i buy car parts i go on the premise that 'it is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask permission'

britishtrident

posted on 24/6/16 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
NGK make plug wire splicers to join bonded in plug wiires but they are not cheap, you should find them on ebay.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

mini-sprite

posted on 24/6/16 at 04:13 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.industrialsparkplugs.co.uk/1x-ngk-j1-cable-splicer-for-7mm-ht-cable.html?gclid=CjwKEAjwtLO7BRDax4-I4_6G71USJAA6FjN12cUDFiYT26ja32zO91cyXnus WMyxxSu5hGYERHF57hoCXUPw_wcB

Thank you sir they do indeed

Paul

When i buy car parts i go on the premise that 'it is easier to beg for forgiveness than ask permission'

B33fy

posted on 24/6/16 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
I've the same coil packs on my squirted V8 I've ordered new connectors from AES auto electrical supplies. Sorry on ipad so no linky.
mini-sprite

posted on 24/6/16 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
Non of these look correct am i on the correct page? http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product_list/17 I believe they should be M4 female pin.

Paul

B33fy

posted on 24/6/16 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
The Bosch connectors are the ones I've gone for, they push on to the 4mm pins in the coil packs, click on the image st the link you posted there's a better image.they arrive tomorrow so will let you know if they are ok. They look a bit odd in the images because they are not crimped on the leads.
mini-sprite

posted on 25/6/16 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
I hope you are correct. The Bosch coil is different though the male terminal presses on the inside of the female connector on the coil pack and does not have a pin. Let me know how you get on.

The ngk item does it work by letting the current bridge the gap between the the 2 half's?

Paul

B33fy

posted on 25/6/16 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
The oem coil pack is a Bosch item though lots of unbranded copies out there. Fitted them today, all good.
mini-sprite

posted on 25/6/16 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
That's great news. Your definatly using the same coilpack as me? Did you buy the hoods for them from AES as well?

B33fy

posted on 25/6/16 at 10:02 PM Reply With Quote
Lol yes, have the faith mate, they are pretty distinctive,.. 15mm covers. Image here.. CP's are bottom centre.

https://flic.kr/p/Hmpgzg

mini-sprite

posted on 30/6/16 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
All sorted, i bought these
Vw Seat Ignition Leads

I popped off the metal and rubber bits to leave the cable for the coil pack. The spark plug ends from the Mazda just pop straight off and graft onto the ebay leads. The ebay leads are nice and long as well so i can place the coil pack at a convenient place in the engine bay.

Paul

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.