Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lotus trouble
snapper

posted on 24/7/16 at 07:42 AM Reply With Quote
Lotus trouble

Or should I say trouble at Lotus
Finance not good, when has it ever been?
We know about the last top team fired by Proton after allegations of impropriety but now I hear of a new Managment style of much shouting.
A company in trouble needs confident hardworking Managment that in times of trouble can build and inspire teams.
Come on Proton get a grip Lotus needs an inspiring leader at the top you can't shout and bully a company to success.
Caveat: unless your Sports Direct

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Sam_68

posted on 24/7/16 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Caveat: unless you're Sports Direct

...or Colin Chapman, ironically.

snapper

posted on 24/7/16 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
Perhaps it is indeed a Lotus culture

I eat to survive
I drink to forget

marco

posted on 24/7/16 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Or should I say trouble at Lotus
Finance not good, when has it ever been?
We know about the last top team fired by Proton after allegations of impropriety but now I hear of a new Managment style of much shouting.
A company in trouble needs confident hardworking Managment that in times of trouble can build and inspire teams.
Come on Proton get a grip Lotus needs an inspiring leader at the top you can't shout and bully a company to success.
Caveat: unless your Sports Direct

Not sure where your news is coming from but this was only public a month ago stating things were looking good?

http://paultan.org/2016/06/27/lotus-set-to-turn-a-profit-for-the-first-time-in-68-years/

snapper

posted on 25/7/16 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Not sure where your news is coming from but this was only public a month ago stating things were looking good?

That information was already 2 months out of date when released

I eat to survive
I drink to forget

Sam_68

posted on 25/7/16 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
That information was already 2 months out of date when released

And in any event, quite a lot has happened to the UK economy in the last month-and-a-bit.

The pound is now worth considerably less, hence so is the global value of Lotus (since it's a company listed on the UK stock exchange, valued in £sterling), and its creditworthyness will have diminished accordingly.

It is also heavily reliant on aluminium and Toyota drivetrains that have to be bought in from abroad, and the £sterling it's using to pay for them are suddenly worth 15% less than they used to be. In effect, its raw materials and essential components have just risen in price by 15%, literally overnight.

It might be able to offset some of those losses IF it can manage to greatly increase its exports on the back of the weak pound making them cheaper to buy in foreign markets, but that's a very big IF: the limitation on foreign sales for Lotus has always been brand awareness and dealer network, much more than price.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.