Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: etb instruments
Schrodinger

posted on 27/7/16 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
etb instruments

Before I order a set of instruments from ETB I thought that I would just check to see if anybodyhad a set for sale?

Keith
Aviemore

DRM Black7

posted on 27/7/16 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Not impressed with Etb gauges at all, quality is rubbish and back illumination non existent and really bad attitude company to deal with, basically said its my problem
My 15 year old etb gauges where great tho hence I went back lesson learnt.

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 28/7/16 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
I have had ETB gauges in the past always been good and the service was excellent bought a couple for my dads boat recently
SteveWallace

posted on 28/7/16 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
I had a good experience with ETB a couple of years ago as well. Not very fast, but they were developing new internal workings for their rev counters at the time, which I knew about when I ordered, and they gave me a good discount for the wait.
etbins

posted on 11/9/16 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
Dear DRM Black 7 (Mr Rand I think)

I am sorry if you were disappointed with my response to your problem about the night illumination. Although I shouldn't offer it as an excuse, regrettably I was personally dealing with the illness and subsequent bereavement of a family member at the time.

I did say in my email that if you couldn't find a problem with the wiring then to send the gauges back to us and we'd investigate it. As didn't hear back from you I wrongly assumed you'd solved the problem.

I'll send you a direct email with a view to sending you some replacements next week.

Yours sincerely

John Gare
ETB

DRM Black7

posted on 12/9/16 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers John. I was disappointed because I've spent 15 years singing your praises and lots of of people have asked about them over the years.
Sorry to hear about your family issues.
To be honest I've been working full time on my loft conversion so put the seven on the back burner till upstairs is done.
To me it looks as if the instrument dial face is to close to the glass so the light can't get round the edges to illuminate the face, old ones have a bigger gap, ie set further back.
I will get round to sending them back once I clear the ton of Celotex around the car LOL.

etbins

posted on 13/9/16 at 05:14 AM Reply With Quote
Hopefully the replacements will sort it.

Unfortunately my DIY skills aren't very strong so I'd probably end up confusing Celotex with Semtex and ending up with a much faster house / loft conversion than I'd envisaged....

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.