Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stiker bodywork
Hammy360

posted on 15/8/16 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
Stiker bodywork

Hi,
I have 1999 Sylva Striker and am wondering whether the new Raw Striker body panels fit without too much work.

Cheers

Hammy

loggyboy

posted on 15/8/16 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
Striker classic panels are still available. Should fit fine. The modern striker with new skuttle would require changes to the skuttle and dash area, inc cutting of metal work.

Mistral Motorsport

Hammy360

posted on 15/8/16 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
Cool, available from Raw?

Hammy

Hammy360

posted on 15/8/16 at 06:31 PM Reply With Quote
Cool, available from Raw?

Hammy

pekwah1

posted on 16/8/16 at 12:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yep should be, just give them a call, i've had plenty of bits from them including body work for my Sylvas
FatChapChipChop

posted on 16/8/16 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
I did it with a 1988 live-axle Striker I rebuilt from scratch. New shape bulge-bonnet and nose fit OK, new style rear tub with removable arches fit OK. I went for the new scuttle which meant cutting off the triangular old-style metal work. If you do this you need to specify the bonnet that will fit to the scuttle as there's a difference in length. They supply a new shape bonnet (with the bulge) to fit either configuration.

Cutting off the old-style scuttle means adding metal where the steering wheel mounts. I added additional tubing to stiffen it up. So, to keep it simple, and if you like the old triangle style, keep it and use new bodywork for that configuration .. It all fits ..

Also, the pedal box suits a Xflow. I went Zetec so had to remove the old style pedal box as the master cylinder interfered with the inlet manifold. Raw sold me a new pedal box to weld in, which reverses the master cylinder. No problem if you're staying Xflow though ..

Cheers !!

Drive fast, don't look back!

FatChapChipChop

posted on 16/8/16 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
Oh, and as you can see from my avatar image, I added a significant full roll cage and also a bigger tank (almost doubled the fuel capacity) to improve range ..

Cheers !!

Hammy360

posted on 16/8/16 at 03:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FatChapChipChop
Oh, and as you can see from my avatar image, I added a significant full roll cage and also a bigger tank (almost doubled the fuel capacity) to improve range ..

Cheers !!

Do you have photos of the work needed on the pedal box mate?

Hammy

FatChapChipChop

posted on 17/8/16 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
I'm back home Friday. Will send pics then. Basically cut away the old pedal box and weld in the new. It sits in the same place and is located by passing the steering column through it.

Cheers

Hammy360

posted on 17/8/16 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FatChapChipChop
I'm back home Friday. Will send pics then. Basically cut away the old pedal box and weld in the new. It sits in the same place and is located by passing the steering column through it.

Cheers

Thanks

Hammy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.