Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: This ECU?
the_big_1

posted on 22/9/16 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
This ECU?

Hi Guys,

I have a silver 2.0L Zetec that's going to be running black top inlet manifold and injectors etc.

I need an engine ecu etc.
Can anyone tell me if the below will be ok?

Ford focus ecu and remote 98ab cgj CORE engine 2.0 zetec mk 1 1998 to 2004

Or

Ford focus ecu and remote 98ab cgl CERT engine 2.0 zetec mk 1 1998 to 2004

Or

FORD FOCUS ZETEC / T REG / '99 / ECU SET

JC

posted on 22/9/16 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
From my experiences, you should match the code with the code that the car originally had. The small but subtle version differences could really mess you up!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Fandango

posted on 22/9/16 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
I may well have an ECU for a blacktop, cheap as chips, can have a look tomorrow.

I certainly do have the inlet manifold / injectors, removed from a Mk 1 Focus, in very good running order, engine code EDDB, if you have not sourced this yet.

Cheers Carl

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson

the_big_1

posted on 22/9/16 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Hi ya,

I have a brand new inlet and injectors, just no ECU etc.

There was no ecu when I got the kit car so nothing to check against.

AndyW

posted on 22/9/16 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
when you get an ecu make sure you get the aerial as well, as these differ from each model and without the correct one it wont start. So you need the ecu, key with chip AND the aerial.
the_big_1

posted on 22/9/16 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Hi ya,

I looked in to this before and it looks like as long as the aerial is off the same model year, it should be fine.
The aerial only receives the RFID off the chip, its only a loop?

big_wasa

posted on 24/9/16 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
The two auctions you have listed don't state manual or auto.

You Need a manual.

Looking on Google may tell you one way or another.

Do you have a wiring loom ? As this is another consideration on going focus (64pin) or mondeo (104 pin).

Aerial only needs to match pre of post blacktop. The loop is just one part. The transceivers are on differant frequencies..

But the more you get from one known running car the less variables you will have.

So get one from pre 97 for a silvertop or post 97 for a blacktop. But all mk1 1.8/2.0 Foci are blacktop zetec.

Don't take this wrong but you keep asking the same question. I strongly recommend you hold out and get one with the codes I've listed for mondeo and shorties for focus to aid you with the wiring. If your not sure with a random ecu you will have even less of a chance sorting the wiring.

Cheers warren.

[Edited on 24/9/16 by big_wasa]

the_big_1

posted on 24/9/16 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Hi ya,

All I have is bare engine and ECU.
I am trying not to have to bin it all and get a doner car as I don't have the room to store a doner car and the waste of a good engine etc 😭

big_wasa

posted on 24/9/16 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
I am not suggesting you buy a donor car, more that you try and get multi parts together to remove variables.

I have done 20 or so of these so like my current project it's a total Frankenstein of parts and I can rewrire the head shell. Rs ecu St wiring loom (cheap) silver top, black top even diesel Fiesta and Saab sensors. But I know what will work with what.

AdrianH

posted on 24/9/16 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
I am once again getting to run a 96? Silvertop 1.8 Zetec, in frame at the moment and sat here doing a neater job with the loom to run it.

I had it running once before just on tick-over as there was no rad on the engine.

I have some supposed 130 Cams to fit, have fitted a CVH flywheel and new bolts and have a CVH front pulley for the timing take off.

I picked a Deep ECU for the job, trying to remember why as my notes had deep/desk/dewy as possibly choices for what I was trying out, think there is still information out there, but Big_Wasa above provided most of my information together with a TDIS Ford CD. i think the three were all for petrol manual mondeo.

I am having 'fun' as I play

Adrian

[Edited on 25-9-16 by AdrianH]

Why do I have to make the tools to finish the job? More time then money.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.