Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Steering wheel pad, Yes or No
J666AYP

posted on 9/12/18 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
Mine will fall off after the IVA. The way I see it is that if my face could hit the wheel I would be dead anyway. Dont know about you lads but my back wont bend to 90° half way up.

Jay

Mr Whippy

posted on 10/12/18 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Well you can do a lot of damage to your face and still not die

I knew a guy (worked with his dad) who had his nose removed and face smashed in after striking the metal handle bar mount on his motorbike (open face helmet...), people have shot their whole jaw off and survived. Hoping to be dead and not caring probably isn't the soundest approach to crash safety, although you could keep a suicide tablet in your mouth and bite on it at the last moment

There are a lot of classic, vintage and older cars I just love (Messerschmitt, VW Beetle, Austin 7 to name a few) but can't justify getting one cos basically I know I'd stand no chance whatsoever in a crash in one. I've had enough crashes now to realise that no matter how good I am, some brainless idiot can come out of nowhere and crash right into you.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
J666AYP

posted on 10/12/18 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
Well you can do a lot of damage to your face and still not die

I knew a guy (worked with his dad) who had his nose removed and face smashed in after striking the metal handle bar mount on his motorbike (open face helmet...), people have shot their whole jaw off and survived. Hoping to be dead and not caring probably isn't the soundest approach to crash safety, although you could keep a suicide tablet in your mouth and bite on it at the last moment

There are a lot of classic, vintage and older cars I just love (Messerschmitt, VW Beetle, Austin 7 to name a few) but can't justify getting one cos basically I know I'd stand no chance whatsoever in a crash in one. I've had enough crashes now to realise that no matter how good I am, some brainless idiot can come out of nowhere and crash right into you.

The way mine is set up I have about 3 foot between my face and the wheel. (thin scuttle and wheel far forward to allow for my strangley long arms). I'm also harnessed in so for my face to hit the wheel the car either needs to fold in half or my back/shoulders need to break and slip through the harness. Either way im dead lol.

J

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.