Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: luego viento build
knight19770

posted on 5/1/17 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
luego viento build

Hi Guys,

Looking for some help with my Luego Viento build (sierra donor), I bought this kit from a guy and have come across a problem. The two rear uprights are for disc brakes and the car has come with a set of new drum brakes, Also the two rear uprights are not handed and are identicle which i know is wrong. Does any one out there have any spare or old drum ones they removed for discs? Also i am at the stage where i need to be getting a fuel tank and radiator . Does any body know what fits best in there build and could point me in the right direction. The other thing i am looking at is new wheels for the build, i was thinking of putting on 15" alloys but not sure what size and offset is best for filling the arches. Any help would be much appreciated and i hope to get some pics up soon if i can figure out hoe to upload them to the site!

Thanks Mike

jollygreengiant

posted on 5/1/17 at 01:47 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mike.

First off all, I would source a rear diff, drive shafts, rear hubs and brakes from a Rear disc equipped Sierra/Granada/Scorpio Granada. The Scorpio Granada would be possibly the better option from the Granada(s) as the have FOUR bolt wheel attachment. The Diff mountings should be all the same. I say this as it would be an easier route than trying to adapt to drum brake or drums to disc as drive shaft compatibility is a bit of an issue.

Also the rear uprights are not handed they go on either side.

As for wheel off-set if you do a search on posts by my self (I used 15 in wheels with hub centric spacers) or of Geoff (user name - wilkingj ) Wilking's post ( he fitted 17in IIRC ) you will find useful information.

Hope this helps.

JGG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

rusty nuts

posted on 5/1/17 at 06:28 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with your queries but do a search on here regarding the known crush tube issue and check your powder coating before building, it's easier to strip it off before building than after.
Pojo

posted on 6/1/17 at 05:46 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Mike

If you are interested i have a complete rear disc conversion for the sierra drums. brand new, never fitted and includes handbrake cable. mistake on my part has caused the sale.

Wheels, i am using 16 inch Caterham with a 15mm offset and 25mm spacers

We are lucky with the Viento as the nose cone is quite large compared to some, so there are many radiators that could fit, what engine you will be using will drive the size requirements

Many choices of fuel tank, i used OMP tank. Good quality, but if the car is going to be fuel injected, i would look for one with an in built sump and removable pump. More expensive but cheaper and neater than low pressure pump feeding a swirl pot to feed the high pressure pump. all externally.

Have a good look at the powder coating, its a nightmare, thought mine was OK then a big patch just fell off. its thick and stong but brittle with poor adhesion

Where are you in the country

Pojo

knight19770

posted on 6/1/17 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Guys, Thanks for the help, JGG the car already has a sierra diff and i have sourced new push in drive shafts , so would prefer to use these to keep the costs down. The rear uprights that the rear hub bolt onto would need to be handed? or the brake caliper would be at the front on one side and the back at the other? Or am i being stupid? any photos you guys have would be a great help. Rusty Nuts, i have already looked at the crush tubes and sorted.
Pojo, I would be interested in the conversion, what comes with it and costs please. I am up in Aberdeenshire in Scotland not far from where Luego dealer Ben is now . About 15 min drive away, but don't think he is doing much with the kit cars now . I am using a 2 litre zetec in the car with the standard fuel injection just now to keep the cost down. What dimensions are your fuel tank from OMP? I have already sourced an external pump and filter and will get a tank with a sump.

Guy,s also do you know how to upload pics as i will post a few on here for you to have a look as i cant seem to figure out how i do it?

Many thanks Mike

Pojo

posted on 7/1/17 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Mike

u2u sent

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.