Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 7" Silencer
StuP

posted on 11/1/17 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
7" Silencer

I'm looking for a 7" diameter exhaust to quieten down for track days, does anyone have one that they don't need? Length around 600mm and inlet of 2.5" or 2.75" would be ideal, as would repackable. Would prefer good condition but I'd consider a shabby one if the price is good
madteg

posted on 11/1/17 at 09:39 PM Reply With Quote
If you could get a longer silencer in it would be Quieter rather than going wider
StuP

posted on 11/1/17 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, interesting. I can probably go another couple of inches longer without making other changes so fingers crossed more diameter will give me enough of a drop
theduck

posted on 11/1/17 at 10:56 PM Reply With Quote
A baffled silencer rather than a perforated tube type would probably be best for making it quieter.
procomp

posted on 11/1/17 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
When i was looking to get a race motor down from 109db to 105 for racing nobody was making one.
Ended up making my own that got it down to 100db.
Billet alloy construction and a few little tricks that non of the silencer manufacturers can be bothered to do as it takes to long to manufacturer and not enough profit. !

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.