Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Reliability
SJ

posted on 25/2/17 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Reliability

I got round to driving my car again last night after renewing the road tax as part of my plan to start using it more after realising last year it cost me £2 per mile in road tax alone!

It always surprises me how a home built car made from bits from old cars and motorbikes can sit there for 3 months and work perfectly when I need it!

Had a nice evening drive though it was a bit chilly. I now need to get my side screens refitted and finally get a heater.

chris

posted on 25/2/17 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
yeah been dreaming of having a heater for many years now
JeffHs

posted on 25/2/17 at 12:18 PM Reply With Quote
"it cost me £2 per mile in road tax alone!"

Sounds just like me.

Every year I plan to use the car a bit more, then every MoT I have the embarrassing conversation with the tester about how few miles I've added

bi22le

posted on 25/2/17 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
I dread to think what mine is £ per mile, its only used for track days so at least there is no tax or MOT for overheads.

Since it last left the garage I have spent probably £600 and it has not seen daylight! TBH it does not bother me as its a hobby and I enjoy the garage work as much as the driving. Its also a tactical move as a new born wont give me much 2017 track time but hopefully 2018 ill have a better car thats prepared and ready.

Dont worry about the cost, its all about the fun factor.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Toprivetguns

posted on 26/2/17 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
Nothing beats that feeling when your car gets more attention than something worth x5 times as much.

Roll on the summer I say...

Only drive as fast as your angel can fly... !

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.