Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best upgrade for lrs707 starter
richard munnis

posted on 25/2/17 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Best upgrade for lrs707 starter

Hi folks
Looking too upgrade my LRS707 starter to something better anybody do this on this form and what did they buy cheers Richard

cliftyhanger

posted on 26/2/17 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
In what way do you want it better?
Are we talking lighter, or more power?

The denso starters seem to be available to fit all sorts, and spin the engine over PDQ.....

richard munnis

posted on 26/2/17 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Starter

Hi Folks
My Zetec 2.0 to type 9 gearbox always has trouble turning the engine over
Have changed batteries starter wiring still no better really labours when cranking over only other thing is alignment I have a alloy bellhousing on it and the bottom two holes of the raceline sump one of them does not line up has anybody had this issue before

Paul Turner

posted on 28/2/17 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richard munnis
I have a alloy bellhousing on it and the bottom two holes of the raceline sump one of them does not line up has anybody had this issue before

If its the RS2000 alloy bellhousing (the one with a left and right starter positions) the holes are in a different rotation to the iron bellhousing and don't line up. You can get aftermarket alloy copies of the iron bellhousing that do not have this issue, Raceline sell them.

motivforz

posted on 28/2/17 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I've had some professional dealings with Brise motors and found their products to be excellent.

Would definitely give them a ring to confirm the specification you need if you do choose them, and they're a bit pricy, but will save some weight and should deliver more cranking power for the same power input.

On the other hand, if it's not the starter motor and is indeed a connection or electrical problem elsewhere, then you'll have just spent the money on weight saving, and still need to find the solution.

Have you got a known good zetec starter motor you could borrow to try and isolate that?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.