Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra Stalks with cable connectors
wowblaauw

posted on 27/3/17 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Sierra Stalks with cable connectors

All,

My quest continues. This time its more serious. Having purchased a P&P loom from GBS and converting the stalk switchgear to toggles, I have come up against an (for me) insurmountable issue. My belief is the loom has a fault, but as GBS advise all looms are tested ahead of shipping which I do not doubt. Any how to prove a point I am in the hunt for a set of sierra stalks with cabling for both sides - any help would be gratefully received and prevent my sanity from leaving.

Thanks again

Craig

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!"

Dingz

posted on 27/3/17 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
There are 2 types of Sierra stalks, the early ones have a square hazard switch the later has a round one. The wiring is different, early ones didn't use headlight relays either.

Phoned the local ramblers club today, but the bloke who answered just
went on and on.

big_wasa

posted on 27/3/17 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
I remember three types. Two later types that had different wiring and the early type.
wowblaauw

posted on 4/4/17 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Basically I wanted these to test a loom for my 7. I have now sorted the issue with the loom so no longer require the stalks.

I would like to say a big thank you to those who responded in my hour of need.

Craig

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!"

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.