Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: can anyone recomend a 12volt compressor ?
rj

posted on 27/4/17 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
can anyone recomend a 12volt compressor ?

Can anyone recommend a good 12 volt compressor, had several of the rubbish kind, usually with box labels promising 300psi, yet after using them a few times take about 10 minutes to put 30psi in a tyre. I have a 240v one at home, so just wanting something for tyres at trackdays
Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 27/4/17 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
I recently bought one of the Clarke jump starting booster packs with an in built compressor for taking to sprints/races. It acts as a slave battery for starting and does the tyres without need to be plugged in to anything else.

The compressor seemed to work fine getting a tyre on my truck to 50psi as well.

It also has a 12v port for powering other things like phone chargers and a working lamp.

Genuinely one of the most useful bits of kit I have ever bought.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
britishtrident

posted on 27/4/17 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
The build quality of these things is appalling, I have been looking at the more expensive twin cylinder ones that are sold as being suitable for off roading.

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

Jamesc

posted on 27/4/17 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
How about one from an OEM? My Fiesta has a pump in the boot, and it's fairly fast. The only downside is that it's quite noisy, but can be had for less than £20 on eBay.
mark chandler

posted on 27/4/17 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
I have found the OEM ones pretty good, my old eBay £5 one from a Citreon has lasted well, the one in the boot of my Volvo looks to be very robust.
peter030371

posted on 28/4/17 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
I have got this one and find it works well http://www.screwfix.com/p/ring-digital-air-compressor-light-12v/5804G?kpid=5804G&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product%2520Listing%2520Ads-_-Sales%2520Tracking- _-sales%2520tracking%2520url&gclid=CIWajufkxtMCFQg6Gwod_I0MBA&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CKW4kufkxtMCFdGsUQodsLQNLA

As a bonus I checked its accuracy against very high quality calibrated gauges at work and its within 0.5 psi every time

loggyboy

posted on 28/4/17 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
I also have a Ring digital, its been putting in sterling work for past few years.

Mistral Motorsport

luke2152

posted on 28/4/17 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
A bicycle floor pump will do the job with modest amount of effort and has a decent gauge. The large barrel mountain bike ones are better for the high volume/low pressure of a car tyre
UKKid35

posted on 21/5/17 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
"Streetwize Kruga Air Compressor" with Orange Hose, was £20 during one of the ECP sales

Much quieter and quicker than the junk I've used in the past

Neville Jones

posted on 23/5/17 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
The only compressors worth buying are VIAIR, but if price is an issue, go with a something else that's got no plastic.

Cheers,
Nev.

Digimon

posted on 23/5/17 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
I have been using a T-max 12V Air Compressor for the past 5 years and it’s been brilliant or through it’s quite expensive

Pumps 160 Litres per minute 0 PSI (FAD Free Air Displacement).
Pumps 70 Litres per minute at 30 PSI.
Maximum working pressure: 150 PSI

https://www.jgs4x4.co.uk/t-max-12v-air-com pressor-heavy-duty-portable-tyre-inflator-adventurer-ba2663/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.