Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Help finishing my MK
bodger

posted on 10/5/17 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Help finishing my MK

Hi, I've got a nearly finished R1 powered MK Indy R. I'm having trouble with time & motivation to get it completed for the summer. Can anyone point me in the direction of someone in the South East (Brighton) who might be able to help? I'd like to see it through & get some enjoyment out of it, otherwise I'll have to put it up for sale.

Cheers
Jon

Stevie_P

posted on 10/5/17 at 09:57 AM Reply With Quote
How about these:

http://www.southwaysautomotive.co.uk/

Not exactly close but they are on the South Coast.

I'd give a hand but I'm miles away as well and pretty much in the same boat to be honest

Steve

ReMan

posted on 10/5/17 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
I guess the "nearly finished" is the million dollar or multi £000 question.
I suspect that due to the last 10% taking 50% of the time the cost could be prohibitive, save for sentimental attachment.
But I'd be interested to know?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

bodger

posted on 10/5/17 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Yes, I know what you mean. It is drivable but it needs the bodywork going over to add trim to ensure it meets radius checks at IVA, coolant pipes securing, front arches fitting & suspension setting up. Then there is the issue of emissions & noise to sort out. I was planning to trailer it up to MK & get them to finish it off but obviously that won't happen now they've shutdown & the new business isn't in a position to offer that service yet. I think what I've really missed over the years is a build partner to spur me on. I'd have had it finished long ago.
Dave Bailey

posted on 10/5/17 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
The guys in fareham are a great bunch.. they are close to me... if you have the funds trailer it there get them to go over it and get them to submit it for IVA @ Southampton.. job done... money spent but you will be on the road...
bodger

posted on 10/5/17 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks, I'll give them a call tomorrow.
LBMEFM

posted on 10/5/17 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
I am too far away to help but all I can say bodger is keep going. I guarantee there is not one of us on here at some point during the build, when something won't fit, wiring refuses to go right, your tired, who haven't said "thats it. I'm going to sell, burn the bloody thing I've had enough". But we don't, we keep going and when it's on the road it is the most amazing feeling and all the bad time are quickly forgotten. YOU CAN DO IT, KEEP GOING.
ianhurley20

posted on 10/5/17 at 09:49 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LBMEFM
I am too far away to help but all I can say bodger is keep going. I guarantee there is not one of us on here at some point during the build, when something won't fit, wiring refuses to go right, your tired, who haven't said "thats it. I'm going to sell, burn the bloody thing I've had enough". But we don't, we keep going and when it's on the road it is the most amazing feeling and all the bad time are quickly forgotten. YOU CAN DO IT, KEEP GOING.

Wot he said!
:-)

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.