Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Think ive been had... ebay advice
tegwin

posted on 9/6/17 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Think ive been had... ebay advice

I always thought I would never be scammed but it appears I have been royally screwed over...

I made a best offer on an item on ebay which was sold as "collection only". I messaged the seller before I clicked "buy now" to check he was ok for me to send a courier to collect. All seemed great. I paid and then as seller was away for a week I organized a courier for a weeks time. Thought nothing of it as I have done this a dozen times before with different sellers.

The collection date came and went and the chap claimed he had been in all day but no sign of the courier... Ok this happens, not the first time so I reschedule for the following week when the chap said he was going to be home again... Repeat of above.. claims he is home all day and that courier didn't turn up.

He has now gone silent and the 30 day "moneyback guarantee" from ebay has expired... I say to this chap, well played.. well fucking played....

So he has £100 of my money and I have nothing to show....... As far as I gather as the 30 days have been and gone I have zero comeback atall.. Anyone have any experience of the current rules and have any suggestions of anything I can try to get my money back?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

jrod

posted on 9/6/17 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Paid Via paypal? You have longer to raise a dispute with them.
tegwin

posted on 9/6/17 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jrod
Paid Via paypal? You have longer to raise a dispute with them.

Doesnt seem to be the case...

If I go to my paypal account and go to that payment it says:

....If it's still not resolved, go to the eBay Resolution Centre. You may be eligible for Buyer Protection.....

And going back to resolution centre tells me I am outside of the 30 days and they cant help

Maybe he has a genuine reason for not being in touch and I am worrying un-neceserily. He seems to have generally good feedback..... Just worrying that he has gone silent

[Edited on 9/6/17 by tegwin]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

loggyboy

posted on 9/6/17 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
How far over 30 days as they will extend the 30 days if there is a good reason. (Such as postal method used).

Mistral Motorsport

tegwin

posted on 9/6/17 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Was purchased and paid for on 1st May.

Benzine

posted on 9/6/17 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
Have you tried calling ebay and paypal? I had a level 10 curse word messing me about earlier this year and talking to someone on the phone got it sorted pretty quickly, they were helpful.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
daviep

posted on 9/6/17 at 10:43 PM Reply With Quote
It'll probably be OK, thought I had been had recently, almost identical scenario apart from after a bit of discussion back and fore it was agreed that the seller would arrange the courier as I was away from home and not in any rush so he could arrange it to suit himself.

Stupidly or kindly depending on how it ends up I paid via paypal as a gift, and then never heard from seller again.

Just when I had given up hope and decided I'd been a tit he got back in touch explaining that he'd "gone on holiday for a couple of weeks and I did say to post it at his convenience"

Hopefully yours will also turn out to be simple case of postal problems, is the seller still communicating with you?

Cheers
Davie

“A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone.”

steve m

posted on 10/6/17 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
Could any one of our club members who live local go round to him?
possibly with a base ball bat ?

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

zetec

posted on 10/6/17 at 08:54 AM Reply With Quote
Agree with the above, if someone local can collect and then arrange to be sent off to you. Where is the item? The bloke probably did not want the hassle of a courier collecting so is not putting himself out to get it resolved.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

tegwin

posted on 10/6/17 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
If it is a scam it is highly unlikely he gave me his correct address...

The address I booked the courier to collect the parcel from was in Harrow HA1 4HJ... Anyone local feel like doing some detective work and going for a quiet chat?

[Edited on 10/6/17 by tegwin]

theconrodkid

posted on 10/6/17 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
harrow is deffo a bit bandit country,have a look on streetview and all should become clear

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.