Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 944 V8 exhaust system
r1_pete

posted on 1/9/17 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
944 V8 exhaust system

I went with the common opinion on here that sidepipes would be a bad idea on my 944, so Ive built a conventional system.

Here it is for anyone interested, fully tig welded stainless

V8 944 exhaust 1
V8 944 exhaust 1

V8 944 exhaust 2
V8 944 exhaust 2

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 1/9/17 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
You have the Rv8 in then ?
r1_pete

posted on 1/9/17 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it fits so sweet, the only 'issue' is having to use the bmw hydroboost brake booster instead of a servo, needs a bit of extra plumbing.

Got the motor in and heads on, next job is setting the lifter clearance, Ive fitted 4.6 heads and composite gaskets, and my luck isnt good enough for them not to need shimming.

I'll take some under bonnet pics over the weekend.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark chandler

posted on 2/9/17 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
Very nice, if you want to improve the sound add a balance pipe after the headers, only needs to be 2/3rds diameter of the main pipes and may also pick up a little extra power.
r1_pete

posted on 2/9/17 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Yes a balance pipe is on the cards, Imjust want to get it up and running now, its been too long in the making....
r1_pete

posted on 2/9/17 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
A few pics of the V8 fitted ..

V8 one
V8 one

V8 three
V8 three

V8 four
V8 four

scudderfish

posted on 2/9/17 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
What inlet manifold is that?
r1_pete

posted on 2/9/17 at 05:38 PM Reply With Quote
Its a 2001 Range Rover THOR manifold, which Ive modified to take twin throttle bodies.
scudderfish

posted on 2/9/17 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it looked like a thor, but the twin TB confused me
r1_pete

posted on 2/9/17 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, I cut the 'transverse' plenum up and made adapters from it for 2 Rover 25 throttle bodies, yet to see how well or not it works..
coozer

posted on 3/9/17 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
Snuggs had a crossover manifold on his rv8 with 4 Rover 25 throttle bodies. Worked very well...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

r1_pete

posted on 3/9/17 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I fancy something a bit more 'exotic', as it is still too tall for the bonnet, thinking about milling another manifold base down as far as possible, and adding some alloy elbows and triumph tt600 throttle bodies.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.