Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Paypal 'Pending?' Bay of E.
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 6/11/17 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Paypal 'Pending?' Bay of E.

A new one for me, but I assume others have had this...

As some of you know, I'm clearing out one helluva lot of stuff. This morning, another (minor) component has 'sold' on Ebay ('sold' often being a term of vagueness, due to keyboard warriors, picture collectors and the outright dishonest).

Checking the details, I find the Paypal payment is 'pending'. A new one on me, it's held until 27/11/17, released if there is no dispute from the buyer. I am invited to send the component and add a tracking number to speed up the payment.

OK, so I'm a cynic, heavily, very. Usually, payment has been instantaneous, package is immediately wrapped and sent on my way into work. Why this 'pending' arrangement? Is this a new 'feature'?
What do you do, wait until the 27/11/17 (in this case), or get in the post beforehand?

OK, so this is a minor component, but some of the stuff has been/is somewhat more valuable.

Perhaps if 'Scott' is on here...

andyace

posted on 6/11/17 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/why-is-my-payment-from-a-sale-on-ebay-on-hold-faq1377
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 6/11/17 at 09:32 AM Reply With Quote
Andy - thanks, yep, it's not unusual then. Just unusual to me.
Confusingly, none of the 'criteria' apply.

I'll put it the post and see what happens....

nick205

posted on 6/11/17 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Receiving a PayPal payment and having on a "pending" status would concern me too. I certainly not be posting the item unless the money had been fully received and transferred out to a bank account.

PayPal themselves are rather difficult to actually contact and speak to directly to get any advice from a human being. In your case I'd be waiting until 27/11/17 to see if the payment to you actually clears. I guess it could be that the payer doesn't have sufficient funds in either their bank account or PayPal to actually make the payment.

Worst case - list the item again on eBay.

v8kid

posted on 6/11/17 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
Yea it happened to me as well. Posted the stuff using ebay post and the money was cleared when parcel delivered.

They are just covering their arses.

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 6/11/17 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Frequently means the buyer has changed credit/debit cards or similar or could be an echeque, either way, I wouldn't post until paid

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
rf900rush

posted on 6/11/17 at 06:22 PM Reply With Quote
I had this once or twice.

My decision is based on the amount. Less than a tenner I would take a chance, if more, then I wait for clearance.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.