Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec injector options when on gsxr throttle bodies
jamriggsy

posted on 22/11/17 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Duratec injector options when on gsxr throttle bodies

Hey guys.
I've been slowly collecting bits and now have my omex 600 with loom ready to mod. I'm using gsxr throttle bodies mounted to a jenvey DCOE pattern manifold via an adaptor which I'm yet to design and manufacture.

I guess I have two/three options regarding injectors (Bike ones or Ford ones or both) and I may end up trying all three but has anyone experience either type for preference?

Also. I understand and optimised map for each would be better but would 1 map run both options well or would I need completely different maps for each. I'm hoping to play a bit with the omex map4000 software myself and have requested a base map from omex to start interrogating.

Cheers
Jamie

mark chandler

posted on 22/11/17 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Limited experience just observations on my cars.

High flow disc injectors have provided a good squirt and volume, very poor pattern just hoses fuel into the engine you can bang high fuel pressure into them. Avoid the older ones with just 2 exit holes, you want 4 exist holes to improve on the poor pattern.

Pintel injectors (most cars have these) give a nice cone, cannot sustain raised fuel rates before they start to leak and second hand may have done a lot of miles.

Bike injectors I have played with provide a lovely mist, they are the best of the bunch IMHO although may struggle to achieve the flow rates so maybe double up?

HTH

jamriggsy

posted on 23/11/17 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for info. Well I'm not going to be demanding high power so for something around 180hp-190hp I would of thought the bike injectors would be adequate.
Cheers

mark chandler

posted on 23/11/17 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
A bike at 13,000 rpm producing 200hp uses similar fuel quantities to a car engine @ 200hp turning at 7000rpm.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.