Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Zetec misfire
ProjectSi

posted on 22/11/17 at 10:51 PM Reply With Quote
Zetec misfire

Got my Zetec on bike carbs running really nice so decided to fit my Kent FZ2002 cams however since fitting, the car has developed a bad misfire when I’m a high gear at motorway speed. Under hard acceleration is pulls really well in the lower gears, however at cruising speed it begins to misfire badly unless i floor it, then it eventually stops spluttering and normal power is resumed but only on WOT. Any ideas what could be causing this, I assume this is just a set up issue? The car is running quite rich aswell but just wondering if anything else I should look at. Coilpack and leads are all good.

Thanks

chris

posted on 23/11/17 at 03:18 AM Reply With Quote
Only going on past experience hear with my St170 under acceleration it was ok but try to cruise at neutral throttle and it misfired badly turned out it was vvt permanently at 100percent so inlet cam was to far advanced so I would recheck cam settings
ProjectSi

posted on 23/11/17 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chris
Only going on past experience hear with my St170 under acceleration it was ok but try to cruise at neutral throttle and it misfired badly turned out it was vvt permanently at 100percent so inlet cam was to far advanced so I would recheck cam settings

Yeah guess it’s a possibility, seems coincidental that it’s started since fitting these cams

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.