Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Le mans 24hr 2018
matty h

posted on 24/11/17 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
Le mans 24hr 2018

My mate and I are planning a trip to let mans 24hr in 2018 in our kit cars hoping to go from hull. Is anyone else planning on going next year.
Matty

snapper

posted on 24/11/17 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
Edd Berresford organises one every year, I went in 2016 with him and it was great.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

jossey

posted on 25/11/17 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I'm planning on going next year with a few people.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matty h

posted on 25/11/17 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
You got a plan yet, are you planning to go from hull. I have a Westfield my mate has a mac#1 are you guy going in kit cars.
Matty

ChrisW

posted on 26/11/17 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
My 10th year on the trot. Will be on Houx as usual with our usual crew of retrobates.

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jossey

posted on 26/11/17 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Probably meeting friends in donny. And yes I the kits but with one in a tintop with empty trailer. Just incase.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

matty h

posted on 26/11/17 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Jossey pm sent.
yogibear1969

posted on 28/11/17 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
Edd Berresford organises one every year, I went in 2016 with him and it was great.

HI,
Edward Berresford here, you are welcome to join our little trip, I will be leaving from North Yorjkshire on the wednesday morning, just ask for more details and I'll outline a rough plan.
Edd

matty h

posted on 28/11/17 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Yes please pm me details unless you are happy to post up.
Matty

yogibear1969

posted on 28/11/17 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
HI,
Ok, rough plans of the annual JPSC Le Mans trip:-
Travelling down from Yorkshire on Wednesday, I have 2 ferry options, but can of course support any crossing you like.
Preferred option is Newhaven-Dieppe: Leaving Newhaven about half 11 weds night, arriving Dieppe about 4 then driving through the countryside arriving at camp about lunchtime. Thsi ferry crossing has become expensive since DFDS took it over a few years and they havn't released prices for June 2018 yet. So, the last few years some of us gone option 2:-
Dover-Calais leaving dover about 3 or 4. Arriving in Calais then a 90 minute blast down to Nuefchatel for dinner and overnight camp, then up earlyish for the countryside drive to camp, arriving mid afternoon..after a nice lunch en-route.
Campsite: We camp at Spay campsite, which is a municipal campsite about 5 minutes from Arnage village, we have stayed here for many years and it is quiet and very popular now. We camp with a large dutch contingent who really do look after us.
Head to circuit for final qualifying
Friday/Sat/Sun is usual stuff!
Head back to port on Monday and home!
Costs including Ferry/Camping/Car Parks/Race ticket (Gen. Entrance) is usualy between 3-350 per car based on 2 per car. Obviously final costs depend on ferry options.
If you are interested in Join the JPSC trip then drop me an email edwardDOTberresfordATgmailDOTcom
Edd
JPSC Chair.

matty h

posted on 28/11/17 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Interested but was looking to go from Hull as only live the other side of the Humber, any reason you do not go from Hull.
Will send you an e mail.
Matty

[Edited on 28/11/17 by matty h]

Hopley89

posted on 28/11/17 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
that sounds like a very good trip i will speak to my mate and ask him if he is up for it (gts panther) and me in
a bec powered mk, but i think that sort of trip in my mk been a bike engine wouldn’t be the most comfy!!
but i am considering it.

chrisbmxr

posted on 6/4/18 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'm heading to Le Mans again this year in this (RV is not mine - BMW is)

Was seriously thinking of taking the Indy Blade but I might leave it till I know it a bit better (only had it since Feb) or even stick it in the garage at the back of the RV!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.