Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Car Park Damage
hkp57

posted on 4/12/17 at 02:33 AM Reply With Quote
Car Park Damage

Some low life dinged the wife's daily driver in the supermarket car park and drove off.

Frustrating

[img] Description
Description
[/img]

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

nick205

posted on 4/12/17 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Yup - very frustrating - had the same happen to SWMBOs car before
coyoteboy

posted on 4/12/17 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Dash cam time! So annoying.

Andi

posted on 4/12/17 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Check the supermarket shop cameras if possible. Along with any business or domestic cameras that may be around.
nick205

posted on 4/12/17 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andi
Check the supermarket shop cameras if possible. Along with any business or domestic cameras that may be around.

Valid - the car park may have CCTV operating - I suspect you'd have to report the damage to the police as it's probably only the police that have the authority to check the footage. Reporting it to your insurer may lead to the same thing - insurers are probably allowed to request such info via the police.

perksy

posted on 4/12/17 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Frustrating ain't the word, Dickheads who do this and sod off make my blood boil

Sadly you'll probably find that all you get from the police will be a report/incident number for insurance

You might have some luck with the supermarlet cameras if they have them, Some don't keep the footage for long though so worth checking quickly

That looks double skinned and on the swage line aswell, so one of the dent repair lads would struggle

Was up the local retail park last week and there was a Ferrari 360 parked right next to a trolley bay

Talk about taking a chance...

hkp57

posted on 5/12/17 at 03:11 AM Reply With Quote
The multi-story car park does have CCTV but we were in a blind spot so no luck there.

Insurance is paying out no problem with the Admiral have been very helpfull.

No Claims Bonus is protected so OK there also, just have to stump up the excess at £310

Fleet
SKC Raptor R - Hayabusa
Toyota C-HR Hybrid Limited Edition
Honda VFR1200 CrossTourer
DCT
Marlin Roadster 1800
Mercedes Vito 116 Sport

r1_pete

posted on 5/12/17 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
So many people a leasing cars now and dont give a flying f*** about what damage they do, to theit or other cars...

Happened to my wife a few years ago, 4 hours into ownership of a £35k Lexus....

Problem with insurance is, the premium will be loaded, but you get full no clams against that increased premium, and you are locked to that provider for the next 5 years until you no longer need to declare the claim.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 5/12/17 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
So many people a leasing cars now and dont give a flying f*** about what damage they do, to theit or other cars...

Problem with insurance is, the premium will be loaded, but you get full no clams against that increased premium, and you are locked to that provider for the next 5 years until you no longer need to declare the claim.

You get no benefit from staying with the same provider - both old and new will load your premium and give you full NCB, both of which are arbitrary numbers.

hearbear

posted on 5/12/17 at 11:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete

You get no benefit from staying with the same provider - both old and new will load your premium and give you full NCB, both of which are arbitrary numbers.

Wife had a car park bump her fault owned up went through insurance with the protected NCB and next year with same insurer was cheaper so not all load up premiums.

3.9Ltr SSC Stylus should be fun

steve m

posted on 6/12/17 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
If it was on private ground, then it wouldn't of been insured, just knock for knock

I witnessed a lorry reversing into a young ladies Mini one only two weeks ago, on a garage fore court in my area, so I offered my help to her, as I work for an Accident management company, and could get a her a replacement car the next day

Following a couple of calls later that day, turned out, she was a friend of my Daughters, so I now have all the info, and have seen the video from the garage, that they emailed her, her car was written off two days later, and she had £2500 in her bank a couple of days later, in all around 8 days after the accident, form HER insurance company

The lorries insurance company have not accepted the blame, as it was on private property, so no claim

im not saying any of this is right, but that's how she has come out of it all, an areshole taking the front off her car, while she in the shop paying for her fuel, shes lost her NCD, aged 30, and now cant afford to insure a car, being a single mum etc etc

But, the best bit, her estranged Husband is in jail for gbh, and is out next year, think the lorry driver had better move !!!

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

joneh

posted on 7/12/17 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m
If it was on private ground, then it wouldn't of been insured, just knock for knock

I witnessed a lorry reversing into a young ladies Mini one only two weeks ago, on a garage fore court in my area, so I offered my help to her, as I work for an Accident management company, and could get a her a replacement car the next day

Following a couple of calls later that day, turned out, she was a friend of my Daughters, so I now have all the info, and have seen the video from the garage, that they emailed her, her car was written off two days later, and she had £2500 in her bank a couple of days later, in all around 8 days after the accident, form HER insurance company

The lorries insurance company have not accepted the blame, as it was on private property, so no claim

im not saying any of this is right, but that's how she has come out of it all, an areshole taking the front off her car, while she in the shop paying for her fuel, shes lost her NCD, aged 30, and now cant afford to insure a car, being a single mum etc etc

But, the best bit, her estranged Husband is in jail for gbh, and is out next year, think the lorry driver had better move !!!

This doesn't sound right.

There's a distinct difference between private land and private places. A garage forecourt is accessible by the public so would be covered by insurance. Private places (private land that isn't accessible) isn't covered. You can claim in private car parks etc.

Sounds like they're just trying it on.

peter030371

posted on 7/12/17 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve m

So many people give in too easily. Take the lorry DRIVER (not his insurance company) to the small claims court. Its relatively cheap, easy and she can include a reasonable amount for her time and other losses i.e. getting her a car back with insurance as she has done nothing wrong.

I would not give up!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.