Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 0.7 master cylinder
Slimy38

posted on 30/12/17 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
0.7 master cylinder

Hi, I want to get a new clutch master cylinder for my Locost build (MX5 donor), the only information I have is that it's a 0.7" bore with an integral reservoir. I can see one at Rally Designs and at car builder solutions, but I can also see a TR6 one;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRIUMPH-TR6-CLUTCH-MASTER-CYLINDER-LEFT-HAND-DRIVE-0-70-BORE-154933Z/202033800742?hash=item2f0a272626:g:Xv0AAOSwridaKpsF />
Will this work? It's about £15 cheaper than the equivalent from RD or CBS.

(I should clarify that this is a new build, I'm not replacing an existing one.)

And does anyone have a reputable supplier for MX5 brake master cylinder repair kits?

cliftyhanger

posted on 30/12/17 at 10:17 PM Reply With Quote
That TR6 type looks to be a copy of the Girling one. So if CBS etc supply Girling style, no reason at all it won't work. May be worth checking the thread on the hydraulic pipe, I know most were 3/8, but O know there are some oddballs about. Other potential issue is pushrod length, the TR6 one is not adjustable, and the others may be?
Slimy38

posted on 30/12/17 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cliftyhanger
That TR6 type looks to be a copy of the Girling one. So if CBS etc supply Girling style, no reason at all it won't work. May be worth checking the thread on the hydraulic pipe, I know most were 3/8, but O know there are some oddballs about. Other potential issue is pushrod length, the TR6 one is not adjustable, and the others may be?

Yeah, I noticed the pushrod isn't adjustable. I think I'll just pay the extra for the proper one, and make the task as easy as it should be.

Mike Wood

posted on 30/12/17 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Girling master cylinders with integral reservoirs or for separate remote reservoirs available from: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/brake-clutch-parts/master-slave-cylinders

(Remote reservoirs and tubing and fittings to connect them to master cylinders, and caps with senders for fluid level monitoring also available from Merlin Motorsport: https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/s/brake-clutch-parts/brake-fluid-reservoirs)

Best wishes
Mike

[Edited on 30/12/17 by Mike Wood]

[Edited on 30/12/17 by Mike Wood]

cliftyhanger

posted on 30/12/17 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
3/4 is 0.75

And the difference between a 0.70 and 0.75 is far more than it sounds! (14%)

0.75 is a landrover size, they are very cheap.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.