Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bridgeport bits wanted
v8kid

posted on 21/1/18 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Bridgeport bits wanted

Hi Chaps,

I bought a basket case Bridgeport J Head milling machine in bits complete with rust - as one does - and some bits are missing or in poor condition. The previous owner had started a restoration but got bogged down with work (self employed is hard sometimes) and got fed up with it after dismantling it and it lay outside for a while.

Anyone have bits for aforesaid?

In particular........

The lower gear housing part no J-2 that's the bit with the back gear in it. Apparently one of the last owners dropped the machine off the trailer when getting it home -Ouch they weigh 1.25 tonnes!!! Guess what part it landed on

The Spindle part no J166 (the one I have has rusty splines -nasty thing rusty splines - but I have new precision bearings)

The motor pulley part no J-6. Yup someone tried to pull it off and only succeeded in pulling off part of the flange and left the rest behind! Now removed properly.

Shift crank part no J-14 Again damaged in "the fall"

and the fine feed hand wheel part no J120 - to be fair these are missing on most Bridgeport's; someone somewhere has a pile of them.

Various other bits I have yet to discover missing when I reassemble after derusting/cleaning/painting/bearings/wiring/belts/servos/ and other stuff I now nothing about

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Wadders

posted on 21/1/18 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Stick a wanted Ad on homeworkshop. Sure there was a full head for sale on there recently for cheap money.

https://www.homeworkshop.org.uk/index.php?limitstart=120

v8kid

posted on 22/1/18 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
Ta for the heads up I'll give it a go

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
v8kid

posted on 15/2/18 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks that web site came up trumps.

Now all I need are ball screws and stepper motors

Cheers

David

Wadders

posted on 15/2/18 at 06:00 PM Reply With Quote
Great news, glad you got a result. http://www.cnczone.com is a great resource if you’re planning to convert to CNC operation.

]Originally posted by v8kid
Thanks that web site came up trumps.

Now all I need are ball screws and stepper motors

Cheers

David

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.