Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IVA preperation pictures...
furryeggs

posted on 8/5/18 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
So after my emissions fail ( http://locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=212084) I’m as ready as I can be for the re test tomorrow. Everythings been stripped and re sealed, new balanced TB’s and 240cc injectors and a tweaked map has hopefully done the trick. It’s been on a mot gas analyser with the laptop pluged in to make adjustments and I have got evertything in the green.

My lambda is jumping slightly into the red but that hopefully should be a little adjustment to that map site should drop it back into the green.

I have also manag d to bugger up the paint around the exhaust, it’s blistered and popped but i should be able to save it once its done and on the road...

Daf

posted on 8/5/18 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
All the best for tomorrow

I'm sure you're wel l aware that the Emeral interpolates the map so adjusting the one next to the site you're looking at can change the lambda too.

[Edited on 8/5/18 by Daf]

furryeggs

posted on 9/5/18 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Sat waiting for the test inspector. Checked things over in the map, adjusted the idle slightly and now have to see what happens... fingers crissed
jps

posted on 9/5/18 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by furryeggs
Sat waiting for the test inspector. Checked things over in the map, adjusted the idle slightly and now have to see what happens... fingers crissed

Hope it went well ;-)

mikeb

posted on 9/5/18 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
fingers crossed for you
furryeggs

posted on 9/5/18 at 02:25 PM Reply With Quote
What a load of bollock bad luck. It was all going fine and looking ok until the brand new bloody fan belt exploded everywhere. So with no way of getting the temps down enough to run safely to finish the test its another big fat fail.

New belt
New Idler pully
New alternator fan

luckily nothing else seems to be damaged.

mikeb

posted on 9/5/18 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
rotten luck . Did you get enough of a run to know the emission were ok for next time?
Daf

posted on 9/5/18 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
That's cruel, and really crap luck. So close but so far.
furryeggs

posted on 9/5/18 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
He said it was looking ok for a pass, fast idle went straight through, started tweeking to drop the lambda and as it srtarted coming down SNAP...
furryeggs

posted on 9/5/18 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
whats left of my fan belt

So this is whats left of my fan belt... I'm not 100% sure but buy the looks of it, one of the idle roller bearings collapsed and locked solid, the rubber fan belt then ran around the plastic pully overheating the belt enough to weeken it and snap. I could be wrong but thats all i can see/feel without taking the front end apart.

furryeggs

posted on 11/5/18 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
Starting to get a look at what happened with the belt. I've managed to get the front off today to check for damage...
[img][/img]

Pulley locked solid...
[img][/img]

The top idler pulley was pulled down the bracket about 25mm, checked the spacer and bolt and nothings bent or damaged...
[img][/img]

Water pump seems ok... might be worth changing whilst the fronts off?
[img][/img]

There's still belt wrapped around the alternator, hopefully there's no damage once I get it off...
[img][/img]

Lots of belt rubber everywhere...
[img][/img]

Luckily there's no damage to anything else. Just a bit of cleaning up.
[img][/img]

The sooner I can get this sorted the sooner I can get the re-test booked...Again.

furryeggs

posted on 17/5/18 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
I seem to of developed a coolant leak from the water pump. I’ll add that to the list to sort before the re re test.
furryeggs

posted on 16/6/18 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Re test booked for monday...

There's not really been anything to post for the last few weeks, I've been waiting for is my RR session to get my emissions sorted... There's a local guy (Gordon Darcy at streetrcers) hidden down a little track in syston who has a 4wd 1000hp dyno who does alot of race and drag cars (jap stuff mainly) but has everything for the Emerald ECU.

Everythings hopefully now sorted ready for my retest on Monday 18th. I forgot to take any pictures but with a very restrictive/quiet R1 exhaust holding it back and an IVA friendly tune I have 140bhp at the wheels. I need to take it back for a full tune once I have the exhaust swapped for a less restrictive one.

I've decided I'm going to drive it to Nottingham for the re test, so hopefully nothing will fall off during the 20mile drive.

<<  2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.