Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Headrests and IVA
Slimy38

posted on 18/2/18 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Headrests and IVA

It's just occurred to me that I might be lining myself up for an IVA fail. I am using the MX5 donor seats in my car, this type;

But I'm wondering about the fixed head restraint element. Are there specific rules that I need to adhere to, which would make these seats fail? They're pretty solid restraints, but they're not adjustable.

After checking the IVA I can see the only check is the height needs to be 700mm from point R, which itself is 54mm off the seat base. So do I just need to make sure the top of the seat is at least 754mm from the seat?

As a follow up question, if it's not quite 754mm (EG 20-30mm out), would removing some of the seat foam be enough to satisfy the IVA?

posted on 18/2/18 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
"Tombstones" are designed to be used with a diagonal 3 point seat belt.

For 4, 5 , or 6 pointers you need MX5 seats with the restraints on stalks so the belts run over your shoulders.

I have both types of belt/harness in my MiXi but I also have both types of seat so I can swop for the track if need be.

I have also "foamectomy'd" my seats, but without sitting in them they measure the same.

Paul G

Slimy38

posted on 18/2/18 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 907
"Tombstones" are designed to be used with a diagonal 3 point seat belt.

I have also "foamectomy'd" my seats, but without sitting in them they measure the same.

Yes I'll be using the 3 point seat belts so that should be ok, and thanks for the foamectomy info. Makes sense that it doesn't change the measurement unless you sit in it.

posted on 18/2/18 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
An electric carving knife is the tool to use.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.