Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Space frame Suzuki Cappuccino Tiger chassis Road legal
ch1ef

posted on 21/2/18 at 10:42 PM Reply With Quote
Space frame Suzuki Cappuccino Tiger chassis Road legal

I can hardly believe i am doing this, as i always said I wouldn't sell it with the excessive money and time I have put into this project, but needs must!

The car is a Road registered "Tiger Super 6" caterham copy kit car. It is on a age relating L reg plate (so fits nicely with a registration plate that would come with the Cappo). I have then made a lift on/off Suzuki Cappuccino body for the car. The chassis of the car 2 weeks ago was put on the dyno, with a new ECU and tuned to a very healthy 177bhp.

It is still very much at the project stage, but I have done all the hard work, it need some fabrication work and basically finishing.

The base car;
Tiger super 6
Built 2004 chester sports car
Engine is a 2.0 zetec
Burton lightweight flywheel
Pacet cooling fan
ARP bottom end bolts
Jenvey throttle boddies
Megasquirt V2 fully mappable engine management system
Tiger ERA sump with baffle and large oil pick up
Repackage exhaust and heat wrapped manifold
BGH close ratio gearbox with heavy duty bearings (very rare)
Tiger quick shift
4.11 diff/axel
Hi spec 4 pot callipers
Rear disc conversion
poly bushed suspension all round
Spax adjustable suspension
Alloy fuel tank with swirl pot incorporated
Momo steering wheel and adjustable boss
4 point harnesses
Team dynamics pro race 3 alloy wheels

Body,
An import Suzuki Cappuccino car that has been stripped to bare bones and had a custom rollcage welded in to mean it can be lifted off.
Full glass and all panels present
The rear roof section unbolts but does not drop down
The roof sections clip on as per factory car
Glassfibre seats
ABS plastic over fenders

Really it is built to fit a person upto 5ft8 in height is the cockpit is tight, but I was planning to move or change the pedal box so I can fit in more comfortable at 5ft10, but no one taller would fit safely without some extra change.
The car is fully wired up, and drives without the shell on it, the shell lifts on and bolts to the chassis. the headlights are mounted and the wings and bonnet are bolted on. So it is left to extend some wiring for the rear lights, wipers and indicators, and then fit over fenders (I was going to add race style aero too), mounting gauges and general infill panels and finishing things.

I am not going to lie, it has quite a few hours left to be finished to what I had planned, but I have spent 100's of hours already on it and its really the tying together left to do.

The kit car was used on the road for 7 years before the project started, so it is a tested base car to start with.

price wise, it is hard to say. The engine and gearbox are very desirable on their own, the kit car as a road registered Tiger was independently valued on the road for insurance 4 years ago as ~7.5k. Parts alone the car will be worth £4000. So I am asking £4000 for the project, no offers I would be gutted to see it go, but would live in hope it was finished and loved like I planned too once it was finished.

Viewing near Bristol BS31

I will clean her up and get more photo, and also I have ALL body panels and original parts you should need to finish it that I will get photo's off too for interested parties

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

swanny

posted on 23/2/18 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Haven’t seen this before, it is a genius idea. Shame you have to sell mate
ch1ef

posted on 7/3/18 at 02:31 PM Reply With Quote
Any interest, otherwise I am most likely to sell as a kitcar complete of break for parts as it is worth more that way. it would be sad to not pass onto someone with enthusiasm to complete the car as either a cappuccino or back to a 7 style car

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.